What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 229 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

What we call "peasant chilli" tonight. Beef chunks, loads of onion, garlic and red kidney beans with the usual spices slow-cooked for 6 hours.

Been out to my local for dinner.
Creamy garlic and cheddar mushrooms for starter.
Gammon, fried eggs and tripple cooked chips, followed by apple pie with ice cream and custard.
Aspalls cyder on tap.

Won't want anything else until tea time now.

Old favourite tonight….Chicken Thai green curry including peas and sugar snap peas, mushrooms and spring onions, served with jasmine rice with diced cucumber. Next weeks’ Hello Fresh box arrives tomorrow so a few newbies to go at

We had a big lunch at my parents' house yesterday - pork pockets with stuffing, apricot, raisins etc, Tennessee burgers (think they contained booze), chimichurri pork steaks, roast potatoes, bubble and squeak and mixed vegetables. Safe to say there was an overload and I brought some home. The meats, from Hicksons in the Spar in Bassingham, were beautiful.

Not much need for anything later on, so I just had some sourdough toast with peanut butter when I got back.

Yet another gousto one tonight - sticky meat-free chilli chicken with salt and pepper chips. Really nice - 7.5/10. Would definitely have again.

A taste sensation tonight, hello……Thai larb style pork salad with sticky rice and cucumber salad. It included mint leaves, lime juice and zest, ginger, soy sauce, honey, garlic, peanuts and a new one to us, ketjap manis. Our tastebuds are still dancing 8/107EE00860-41D3-4E4F-B4B3-195FCAE01695.jpeg