What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 163 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Forgot to take my mackeral to work with my rice and greens for dinner, so had a full tin of baked beans. Then my new boss bought too much Marston chicken and chips. In fact he must have bought way too much because I ate most of it. Thanks boss.

Pork chop, mushroom, mixed veg and fried potatoes for tea. Plus a bar of chocolate.

Just had to work some of it off before supper.

Just found a very welcome slice of praline and rum Yule log (bought from our local bakery) in the freezer. Health food it's not, but what the hell......
That sounds like a cracking creation. This Christmas we had a couple of small rum and raisin marzipan bars coated in dark chocolate... absolutely stunning. Wish those were available all year round!

Dinner were vegan burgers (chickpea based, a bit dull and crumbly to be honest) with applewood smoked cheese melted on top plus obligatory salad in the bun, chips, and tenderstem broccoli with olive oil and lime juice drizzled on top.

Tonight we had chunky breaded haddock from Aldi with chips and peas. Mrs S was a bit concerned because we hadn't had them before and they were cheap, but though it worth a try. have to say they were good, and really good value

For pud she made a spotted dick, which I had with (as I've always had since childhood) butter and sugar