What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 13 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

BBQ bananas are the best! Will have to try topping with rum and cream, sounds like it can only make them better.
Half a dozen bananas each is normally the optimum scenario,,,,,,,,,,,,,tasty?
HIGH SOURCE OF POTASSIUM,
promoting healthy bacteria in the gut in prep for these poxy covid 19 lads turning up.

Morrisons fake chicken pieces with spinach, mushroom and onion, plus garlic bread and steamed broccoli and asparagus for us tonight after a big walk with the dogs and a dip in the lake for them. An IPA to wash it down will be just the ticket.

Listen in 12 months time when the recession is really biting and food fully rationed then you will be knocking out bowls of aphid soup and lapping it up.
Deep fried aphids in batter with chips,butternut squash with aphids,the veggies will be climbing over your back gate to get a decent meal....get the prep done now and be in front of the curve.
You are already an expert on maximum utilisation of butternut squash,so these aphids will be a doddle.
I suppose you've only got to have something once to get a taste for it, right? There were some right hulking, juicy aphids on some of them. Must make better use next time! I reckon I can knock out a few recipes.

Morrisons fake chicken pieces with spinach, mushroom and onion, plus garlic bread and steamed broccoli and asparagus for us tonight after a big walk with the dogs and a dip in the lake for them. An IPA to wash it down will be just the ticket.[/QUOTE

I’m partial to an IPA myself but went for Doombar tonight (amber ale). Only the one though....trying to only have a drink at the weekends really but you can’t cook on the bbq without a beer in your hand can you.

sou

sounds top notch......don`t forget the 3hr treadmill slog at midnight,feel the burn.......ensure defibrillator fully operational.

did you get down to the beach? i hear that Croyde,Saunton sands,and Woolacombe were very busy today.
my water wings are out of commission so stayed home.

No treadmill here. I’ll have to clean the cobwebs off my exercise bike though

You've got to have a beer with a BBQ! Doom Bar is a reliable beer. Mine was a German craft beer by Steam Brew, handily sourced by my local Lidl.

Yep, I quite like Doombar.

So here's another topic: forgotten pints.

I passed Castle Eden in the North recently and wondered why it rang a bell - I'd never been there. After a while, I realised Castle Eden IPA used to be one of my favourite pints. Apparently the brewery that was there shut down years ago.

More cabbage to deal with. Inspired improvisation may be required!

Not sure what type of cabbage it is Notty but we made some coleslaw last night.....1/4 white cabbage 1/4 red cabbage, 2 large carrots, one large onion all thinly sliced and mixed with mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, cider vinegar, whole grain mustard ( can add a little salad cream or Worcester sauce for sharpness if reqd). It does come out a pinky colour unless of course you use only white cabbage. Very tasty, some left for tonight!

Not sure what type of cabbage it is Notty but we made some coleslaw last night.....1/4 white cabbage 1/4 red cabbage, 2 large carrots, one large onion all thinly sliced and mixed with mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, cider vinegar, whole grain mustard ( can add a little salad cream or Worcester sauce for sharpness if reqd). It does come out a pinky colour unless of course you use only white cabbage. Very tasty, some left for tonight!

Sounds good. Ours is more of a green-leaf cabbage. I'm thinking stuffed cabbage leaves with some kind of pork/asian thing going on.

Yep, I quite like Doombar.

So here's another topic: forgotten pints.

I passed Castle Eden in the North recently and wondered why it rang a bell - I'd never been there. After a while, I realised Castle Eden IPA used to be one of my favourite pints. Apparently the brewery that was there shut down years ago.
Not quite on topic, but after my brother's stag do a few years ago we had a dad-stag (so the dad's could come along as they didn't fancy what us youngsters would get up to). We did the East Lancs Steam Rail Sale Trail, and part of the plan was to visit the Phoenix Brewery. When we got there it turned out it had been shut for a few years! Whoops. (Didn't stop us from getting plenty of pints in though!)

Same as last night bbq avec a couple of stubbies ( Biere des Flandres). Bit of heat left in the barbie so tried Devon’s suggestion and threw a banana on....very nice with some double cream sans rum!

Just some simple pasta with the nettle pesto I made for us tonight. Interested to see the good lady's response to it!

Just some simple pasta with the nettle pesto I made for us tonight. Interested to see the good lady's response to it!
What happened to those aphids,they are a superfood the yuppies love them, don`t put them on the back burner as I hear they have a short shelf life and you are right in the middle of the season when they are prolific in terms of volume and availability.
Forget those mung beans and chia seeds and finish with a few goji berrie,with squirty cream.

Sounds good. Ours is more of a green-leaf cabbage. I'm thinking stuffed cabbage leaves with some kind of pork/asian thing going on.

CAN`T GO WRONG WITH CABBAGE.......TOP GEAR.......Boris`s favourite, that`s when he remembers to wear his incontinence pants .(emblazoned with Eton kitemark)

What happened to those aphids,they are a superfood the yuppies love them, don`t put them on the back burner as I hear they have a short shelf life and you are right in the middle of the season when they are prolific in terms of volume and availability.
Forget those mung beans and chia seeds and finish with a few goji berrie,with squirty cream.
The buggers have all very slowly crawled away! Must invest in better lids for my aphid traps.

Usual bbq job last night
contents of grill included,chicken thighs,pork tenderloin skewer with bbq rib sauce(homemade) rump steak, pork and garlic banger,courgette,aubergine,monster salad,bbq spuds in skins,Romano peppers,mixed pepper skewer.
bananas in their skins then covered with ice cream, rum and seasonal strawberries.
alcohol= rose and a Leffe beer.
Worms were reasonably pleased with their supply of nosh but moaned there was too much roughage heading southwards into the intestines.I replied that when this economic collapse starts FULLY impacting they will count themselves lucky to get a bowl of aphids.