What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 119 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

My mum used to make a fantastic Pigs Fry and is something I really miss. I havn’t got a recipe for it and if I found one I wouldn’t do it justice.

Yes, Sunday was roast day, with beef, pork +crackling, but my favourite was roast lamb with mint sauce.

Very very rare I have an English type roast not in the house that’s for sure, would love Yorkshire puddings !
The kids wouldn’t entertain a roast dinner, they’ve been brought up with Dutch cuisine.

Alas, SpagBol tonight.

Today I had - and look away from the screen now, Riiiiik - slices of roast beef (from Tesco) with fried potatoes and just a dash of HP sauce.
It's okay, I can eat it now but rarely do. I think it was more to do with the way my Mother cooked it. You could have soled your shoes with it. Or maybe it was just a poor cut she bought.

The rest of yesterday's Chinese [takeaway] for us tonight. For me - Thai green curry, egg fried rice and beef chow mein (the salt and pepper squid did not survive last night). The Mrs has mushroom chow mein and king prawn balls (in batter), plus some salt and pepper squid as she was more restrained with hers than I was with mine!

Disappointing that your mash wasn't from a packet, Merthyr.

Yuck!

I have to admit the mushy peas were from a tin - I'm far too lazy to go to the trouble of soaking dried peas overnight then dying them green (well, that's what my dad used to do in our chip shop) before simmering them for an endless period.