What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 11 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Tea just going in now...chicken thighs, skin on, scored and rubbed with harissa paste in a tray bake with mushrooms, red onions,black olives and tomatoes plus left over new potatoes,sliced,all in the same roasting dish.
Just enjoyed one of my current favourite beers.....Tribute, pale ale from St Austell in the garden. Just opened a Golden Fleece Blond from Fiskerton (Ferry Ales Brewery). It’s ok cos I’m not working tomorrow.£5 for 3 from the coop. Mrs Eweimps is on a rose cider A741FAAE-1C27-484C-A786-998A5EC4FA9E.jpeg

Those tape worms will be getting gout soon if you don’t look out Devon!

Only once had gout in my life and it was proper shite, created by hospital A and E doctor who prescribed me Ciprofloxaciin .......steer clear if offered this item, it wrecked my body for a long period including joints in feet and neck. I have met others who have also suffered badly from the side effects of this drug.

Last edited:
Tea just going in now...chicken thighs, skin on, scored and rubbed with harissa paste in a tray bake with mushrooms, red onions,black olives and tomatoes plus left over new potatoes,sliced,all in the same roasting dish.
Just enjoyed one of my current favourite beers.....Tribute, pale ale from St Austell in the garden. Just opened a Golden Fleece Blond from Fiskerton (Ferry Ales Brewery). It’s ok cos I’m not working tomorrow.£5 for 3 from the coop. Mrs Eweimps is on a rose cider View attachment 39469

I will be around your place within the hour!

So my own recipe for a trio of stuffed peppers (red, yellow and orange, halved).

Rice, breadcrumbs and gruyere. And here's the mad flavours: capers, diced preserved lemon, basil, oregano, chilli and a squeeze of honey. Topped with more gruyere and baked.

It’s one of our favourites, we use the coconut milk too but we’ve been using the Thai green ( or red) curry paste from a jar (Blue Dragon brand). It says to put a quarter of a jar in so it’s easy to adjust to taste,as I like it quite hot too.
Sounds good, the paste does seem better overall. Last night's was a powder, could have been better. I should have added something spicy at the end to beef it up a bit!

Must try that, my wife sometimes makes a butternut squash soup so it’s good to use everything up
Just separate the seeds from their gooey surroundings, stick on a baking tray, maybe add a little salt if you like, sorted. Same goes for the skin, more luxurious if you brush with a smidge of oil and top with salt and pepper, but not required. Then just keep an eye on it in the oven until it's done to your liking.

You can do pumpkin seeds in the same way, even those from cheap supermarket pumpkins roast up nicely and taste good (way better than those health food shop green pumpkin seeds).

Yes, we are all going around Rob`s house when the recession finally kicks in and our food cupboards are bare and the supermarkets have all closed down due to a lack of supplies.At the mo I wouldn`t give one of those butternut squashes house room,is it right you need a fucking chainsaw just to cut them in half!
Just a big knife and a strong bicep required... neither of which I have!

So my own recipe for a trio of stuffed peppers (red, yellow and orange, halved).

Rice, breadcrumbs and gruyere. And here's the mad flavours: capers, diced preserved lemon, basil, oregano, chilli and a squeeze of honey. Topped with more gruyere and baked.

That must be a taste sensation. Sounds really good

Decent weather went missing down here 500ft up on Exmoor....back to the smorgasboard...........indoors

hot beef and tomato soup with garlic croutons,hot chorizo sausage on brown,avocado/smoked salmon ,salad, Moroccan hummus,a few cheeses and a rose to wash it down.
strawberries/cream.
bbq looks like it`s covered in cobwebs.......weather better pick up for tomorrow.....been down the butchers and Thai shop and the fridge is full of sirloin,rump and pork fillet

mankini washed and ironed and ready for action tomorrow.
Another excellent feast! Got to love chorizo.

That sounds bonkers and fantastic. Might try it myself if I can source some gruyère! Unless it's trademark protected, of course.

Just enjoyed one of my current favourite beers.....Tribute, pale ale from St Austell in the garden. Just opened a Golden Fleece Blond from Fiskerton (Ferry Ales Brewery). It’s ok cos I’m not working tomorrow.£5 for 3 from the coop. Mrs Eweimps is on a rose cider View attachment 39469

Missed a couple of ingredients....meant to say sliced red pepper and a few cloves of garlic. Served with rice. Thought it might have been a bit dry but it wasn’t. Nice bottle of Californian sauvignon blanc (Barefoot, approx £7.50 Tesco). Good job it’s not a school night!

The Mrs' birthday tomorrow, so I have my orders...
Regards to your other half,but what about the nosh?
will alcohol be involved?
With the weather predicted to be a scorcher I presume it will be al freco dining.

Will expect full copy of menu to be posted on here or a copy of your local Indian takeaway menu I`m either both will be decent.