The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 419 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Julie Campbell (as Lonelady) is picking up the Manchester post punk baton with her brand of jagged guitar pop. One of the most interesting new artist of the last few years IMO. Worth a listen if you enjoy Buzzcocks, Magazine, Joy Division, Doves etc.

Another band's music I have played throughout the decades is the Association. I've always thought they were a very talented band who wrote some great songs.

Last edited:
Back in 1981, I never would have thought that these Essex boys would be the most successful and relevant of all their peers in 2019. Still making good albums today and this is a blinding live version of one of their classics.

Dave Gahan just feeding off the energy of the crowd and loving every minute. Steady on there SJH :whist::tophat:

Back in 1981, I never would have thought that these Essex boys would be the most successful and relevant of all their peers in 2019. Still making good albums today and this is a blinding live version of one of their classics.

Dave Gahan just feeding off the energy of the crowd and loving every minute. Steady on there SJH :whist::tophat:

oh Dave, you gigantic sleazeball, lol. I was at a gig a few years ago and he walked to the end of his ramp in the middle of the crowd where we were and did his dancing routine. It was glorious.

Influenced significantly by New Order, Chromatics are one of my favourite acts to emerge in the last 10 years and in addition to their own original synth driven pop, they have produced some fantastic, haunting cover versions including these three classics.

Am I allowed to say that even in my 20's I liked this classic and as I get older I love it some more............Silly old sentimental fool I am!

Last edited:
Was there anymore Glam Rock than Sweet!? I used to like this one though as it was a good pop song as we used to say.

And this classic from the same era written by David Bowie who gave it to Mott The Hoople. I understand Bowie heard they were about to split up and hoped the song would become a hit and keep them together and the rest is history as they say.

Last edited: