The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 401 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I had a Bowie night at work on Tuesday I started at 19:00 and played him solid until 04:00 by that time I need a change.

So many amazing songs....

Saw Jack White live last night. Nice small venue (The 02 Birmingham).

What an absolute privilege to have see that. It was immense. Like a two hour jam session of great musicians. Proper dirty blues and rock guitar work, superb drumming and the bass was had a right groove on. Two sythn players also. It was just a stunning concert. Right up the front as well.

Ranks as one of my favourite concerts.

Saw Jack White live last night. Nice small venue (The 02 Birmingham).

What an absolute privilege to have see that. It was immense. Like a two hour jam session of great musicians. Proper dirty blues and rock guitar work, superb drumming and the bass was had a right groove on. Two sythn players also. It was just a stunning concert. Right up the front as well.

Ranks as one of my favourite concerts.

I take it Meg White wasn't drumming? I made that assumption by the "superb drumming" quote.

Caught my 16 year old daughter listening to this classic. She found it herself without my suggestion :clap: Can't persuade her with the football but pleased with the job done regarding music. She's developing great, eclectic taste like her dad :smoke::whist:

Greta Van Fleet. They are an absolute rip off of Led Zeppelin but I'm really enjoying listening to them

While I was listening to Sharleen Spiteri and Seal, my 25 year old daughter was searching You Tube for some Robert Johnson.

Early influences continued...............

Album No. 9 Next - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. 1973

iu

By late 1974, with puberty in full swing, TOTP and Radio 1 had been augmented by the NME and Old Grey Whistle Test as sources of new music.

By the time I got to this album, my introduction to the legendary Alex Harvey, it was almost a year old. I first saw them performing the title track live on the OGWT and was immediately blown away by the mix of glam rock and vaudeville theatre, delivered with a menacing, don't mess with me sneer, by the 40 yearold Glaswegian veteran of the rock n roll era.

Harvey was a truly unique artist, who with SAHB, before his untimely death in 1982, produced 4 or 5 excellent albums and created an entertaining and charismatic stage show, whose influence can be witnessed in later artists from Nick Cave to Madness to Blur.

A legend, although not quite "The last of the teenage idols" Certainly one of my most important early influences.