The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 399 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Haha SJH :grinning: , I thought suggesting the fathers of industrial, Die Krupps, was pushing the boat out, and had ruled out Rammstein and Einsterzende Neubaten along with this little ditty from my post punk youth. Dance the Adolf Hitler:band2:

You know your German industrial mate! After Rammstein, all I know is a bit of KMFDM. I'll have to check those other bands out.

Out of curiosity, were you ever into stuff like Godflesh and Ministry?

You know your German industrial mate! After Rammstein, all I know is a bit of KMFDM. I'll have to check those other bands out.

Out of curiosity, were you ever into stuff like Godflesh and Ministry?

I'm no expert on industrial or metal SJH but have broad taste and can find things I enjoy within most genres. The late 70's and early 80's post punk era was basically an explosion of ideas that have spread out exponentially and I was lucky enough to be young and single at that time. In answer to your question, Ministry along with Nine Inch Nails are bands I have listened to but not Godflesh.

As I have heard you mention Napalm Death and I can see you are into your metal, check out Discharge if you are not aware, the first hardcore band I ever heard/saw back in 1981/82 and although from punk origins, they were certainly an influence on the thrash metal genre. Here's a little taster from 1983. Protest and Survive:punk:

Last edited:
Agreed, helped lead the way to Britpop. Their return after a long break, Bloodsports, was a great return as well.

I'm no expert on industrial or metal SJH but have broad taste and can find things I enjoy within most genres. The late 70's and early 80's post punk era was basically an explosion of ideas that have spread out exponentially and I was lucky enough to be young and single at that time. In answer to your question, Ministry along with Nine Inch Nails are bands I have listened to but not Godflesh.

As I have heard you mention Napalm Death and I can see you are into your metal, check out Discharge if you are not aware, the first hardcore band I ever heard/saw back in 1981/82 and although from punk origins, they were certainly an influence on the thrash metal genre. Here's a little taster from 1983. Protest and Survive:punk:

Haha yeah, it was actually Metallica that turned me on to Discharge as they covered some of their songs. In fact bands from pretty much every genre of metal of have covered them I believe. They seem to have had a huge influence on thrash, grindcore, black metal, etc.

Although I grew up a metal head, it has been fun to go back and discover bands from that post-punk era because of how you can hear the influences on the metal scene which branched out around the late 80's into all sorts of different sub-genres. Must have been exciting to be a young single lad back then though!

Agreed, helped lead the way to Britpop. Their return after a long break, Bloodsports, was a great return as well.

Yes, remember the first album coming out when i was in 6th form and for the next few years 'my era' was born. Uni with the brit pop thing going was a blast ! .

Been listening to some of Stuart Price's (otherwise know as Jaques Lu Cont, Thin White Duke or Les Rythmes Digitales) remix work on rock/pop tunes from the mid 00's. If you like uplifting/progressive dance music and are not familiar, he's worth a listen. Here's three of my fav's.

Play loud!

Think the Killers are a great pop/rock band.

They've done some outstanding work, the sawdust album, outtakes etc, has some real highlights.

Think the Killers are a great pop/rock band.

They've done some outstanding work, the sawdust album, outtakes etc, has some real highlights.

Yes, another band with a very decent debut album and influenced by the golden era of the late 70's early 80's. For me, they became a little inconsistent after the second album, but always capable of delivering a killer single. See what I did there :wagging:

Agreed, more patchy but still some top tunes on each album. Last album started spectacularly well, it does dip though.