The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 398 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Got tickets for Bring Me The Horizon in November. Saw them in Vegas, they were very good. But from the sound of their new single, they've decided they want to be a pop band. Linkin Park did the same with their last album and it was one of the worst cds I've ever heard.

Early influences continued................

Album No 8 Kimono My House - Sparks. 1974

Kimono_My_House_-_Sparks.jpg

The wood work squeaks and out come the freaks!

Although other Glam Rock artists had reached their peak, the genre still had a few aces up its sleeve and the rule of two fantastic singles (This Town Ain't Big Enough.. and Amateur Hour) aired on TOTP in the summer of '74 introduced me to the charms of the Mael brothers.

Ron and Russell had decamped from the USA, ditched their band in favour of a British power pop trio of musicians and hitched their wagon to the recogniseable collection of talented freaks, misfits and kindered spirits that was the Glam Rock circus.

With a set of songs as catchy, idiosyncratic and twitchy as Ron's Adolf moustache, tank top and thousand yard stare, and Russell's unique falsetto delivery, they slotted in perfectly. They produced a second excellent glam rock album (Propaganda) that year, before branching off into a variety of differing styles that sees them continue to produce diverse and interesting music to this day.

Last edited:
I'm struggling at the moment to find "New Music/Artist"

Im sure something will pop up soon...

Im still enjoying this vocal performance from Nakhane..

Saw the Arctic monkeys tonight.

I proved once and for all that I don't look good on the dance floor. Bet won.

Saw Biffy Clyro unplugged last night at the Symphony Hall. They were outstanding. Really was surprised how good it was, as they are fantastic fully plugged in and thought this might not work.

Howdy music lovers:headphones:

One of my daughters is studying German for A level and has been given the task of translating a German pop song. Rather foolishly, knowing my somewhat alternative leftfield taste, she asked for some recommendations. Here's what I came up with, each one a classic in it's own right and highly recommended listening/viewing if you are not familiar.

All thoughts welcome :eek!::grinning:

Surely not :grinning: Not a fan of the Tutonic stomp then lol.

Well, it's either one of them or Nena and her neun und neunzig luftballoons which is a bit too MOR for my taste.