What A Great Team To Support | Vital Football

What A Great Team To Support

Good article Tuckster and I appreciate it is a different world and they are doing good things in the community BUT

I am trying not to be cynical but having just been to one of my projects and hearing about how the 2 chaps on site owning a small building company not knowing if they going to be allowed to work from tomorrow onwards and having mortgages, children and wives who also work and subsequent child care issues, I am struggling to worry about footballers.

Huge over inflated salaries, living in large houses ( probably with gyms and cinema rooms ) and having gym equipment and fresh food delivered I am sure they have no worries except for being house bound and bored like most of the general public. Miss DG senior has Krones disease and goes to gym 6 times a week as part of her ongoing attempts to keep away from an eventual large op and even if she had the money cannot find anybody selling basic weight lifting / exercise equipment. I am worried about her.

As I have always said I love football and tolerate footballers.
I know many are generally very good people and do their best to help even in normal times but in times like this it shows up even more how privileged
they are and just have to put this to best use possible.

I hear you, DG, and completely agree. Their wealth and often high profile existence in and around our lives is tolerated due to the joy they can bring us on a Saturday afternoon as we try to escape from our lives for a couple of hours.
Having said that, ringing the elderly at this time is a decent gesture by the club, especially when some may have nobody else to talk to at all, I can’t knock it.
There are plenty more worrying and serious things happening in real people’s lives, as we both know.
All the best to you and yours and as previously mentioned elsewhere, if any user of this forum is stuck and has nowhere else to turn for help, whether that be for a loaf of bread or some company, then reach out on here and someone will help 👍

Totally agree Tuckster.
I just hope they do their very best for the local community and they have made a good start. Sadly most help includes human interaction and even all the money in the world cannot help combat the loneliness of elderly people living alone.

I am able to walk and shop locally so can help anybody within City area.

I understand that football is what it is , and that players are pampered as clubs have invested in them , but this is not the real world . Lonely old folk with their empty shopping basket because essential items aren’t available won’t be overjoyed to hear that footballers are having basketfulls of fruit and veg delivered to their door whilst they play ‘keeps uppy’ with a toilet roll in their expansive back gardens .

Let me explain the situation in the REAL world . I live in an Over 55s complex where we have a range of residents from working 55/year olds to very old folk in their 90s . Everyone here over 70 is self isolating for 12 weeks and are in their second week of that with no social contact whatsoever and are dependant on family providing food and medicines . Half our residents live on the first floor ( it is a two story building ) and have no access to a garden or fresh air . Those who do not have the internet or a mobile phone are completely cut off . One lovely lady here in her 70’s is in an upstairs flat with no internet or mobile phone or a car . She lives alone and is asthmatic. Her only son moved 2 weeks ago to Leicester so she has no-one and has to risk walking to the shops with asthma. No-one has been anywhere near our complex and we do what we can , but we are all supposed to be self isolating. I spoke from a distance to this lady 2 days ago and with sadness on her face she told me how lonely , isolated and terribly bored she is . I have helped with some provisions and will take her up some jigsaws today to help her through the lonely days and evenings . This ladies and gents is how ordinary folk are living right now with this virus