What a great picture | Vital Football

What a great picture

I see big Col Alcide has had an op since he was a guest at Northampton.
Great pic, no Lee Thorpe, only face missing unless he was taking it.

Taken on Fargate in Sheffield, by the looks of it.

There are a few there even I don't recognise, but I suppose we all change over 20+ years. You can still spot Steve Holmes by the ears, though.

Brilliant. Testament to the legend that was Kevin Austin (best centre back I’ve seen in the red and white), and the great team spirit we had back then.

(No idea who the bloke on the right is though... or the portly gentleman in the middle next to Bimmo)

Brilliant. Testament to the legend that was Kevin Austin (best centre back I’ve seen in the red and white), and the great team spirit we had back then.

(No idea who the bloke on the right is though... or the portly gentleman in the middle next to Bimmo)
Barry Richardson far right? Apparently the short portly gent is Lee Gibson an ex youth player

So we've got then
Along the back
Colin Alicide, Tony Battersby, Paul Smith no.2, Steve Holmes, Mark Hone, Lee Philpott?, Gavin Gordon and Barry Richardson.
In front,
Paul Miller, Terry Fleming, Jason Barnett, Gareth Ainsworth, Stuart Bimson and Lee Gibson.

Is that Lee Philpott? He is one of the two in the centre I couldn't name (with Lee Gibson, whom I don't remember at all).

Some great servants there - Fleming, Bimson, Holmes and Barnett all played over 200 games each, and Smith wasn't far short either.