What a bloody hypocrite. | Page 37 | Vital Football

What a bloody hypocrite.

I put it in the same box as Megan Markle’s recollections.
Most with an axe to grind exaggerate situations.
Some truth, a lot of untruth and in reality, outside Westminster, not too many will be overly interested.
Tomorrow’s chip wrapping.

So according to Cummings:

- the Prime Minister, in Feb 2020, regarded the virus to be a 'scare story' and actually said, "It's swine flu, don't worry about it, I'm going to get (Chief Medical Officer) Chris Whitty to inject me live on TV with coronavirus so everyone realises it's nothing to be frightened of".

- he's "completely baffled" as to why the givernment have denied that herd immunity was the official plan last year.

- lockdown should have happened earlier and that he, "bitterly regret", not hitting the, "emergency panic button earlier". The situation in Downing Street in March was like, "a scene from Independence Day".

- 12th March was a, "crazy day"; "Part of the building was talking about bombing Iraq, part was talking about household restrictions, and "the prime minister's girlfriend was going completely crackers about something trivial"

- on the same day: "The cabinet secretary (Mark Sedwill) said 'Prime minister, you should go on TV tomorrow and explain the herd immunity plan and that it is like the old chicken pox parties. We need people to get this disease because that's how we get herd immunity by September.'
"And I said, 'Mark you have got to stop using this chicken pox analogy. It's not right.' And he said 'why?' And Ben Warner said: 'Because chicken pox is not spreading exponentially and killing hundreds of thousands of people'."

- Matt Hancock, "should have been fired for at least 15 to 20 things".
"I think there is no doubt at all that many senior people performed far, far - disastrously below the standards which the country has the right to expect. I think that the secretary of state for Health is certainly one of those people. I said repeatedly to the prime minister that he should be fired, so did the cabinet secretary, so did many other senior people."

- the political system is fucked: "There's a very profound question in the nature of our political system, any system that leaves people with the choice between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn is obviously a system that's gone extremely badly wrong."

Of course, this is all just Cummings version of events and his opinions. How much weight do the hold? Will his comments damage the government, or will they just brush his criticisms off whilst the general public continues to suffer from myopia and apathy?!

What I am wondering, cynical and paranoid git that I am, is if all this is just a deloiberate ploy to deflect attention away from the independent investigation into establishment corruption that bitch-face Patel is unlawfully blocking publication of? This whole Cummings thing would be a very effective smokescreen. Is Cummings in on it even?!

The whole entire thing stinks a foul stench and nobody seems to even give a fuck!
Cummings did not say "it was the official plan".

He was utterly clear.
"herd immunity was seen as an inevitability".

Cummings said that, in early to mid March 2020 "no one wanted people to get sick.".
When someone (not Johnson) mentioned "Chicken Pox Parties" these were instantly dismissed.

"What was uncertain was whether herd immunity would occur in September or January (2021)"

So "herd immunity" was not (as you and others keep putting it) "the official plan".
It was a working assumption .

The more shocking revelation (opinion ? ) is that there were so few "plans"# in place ....
...and civil servants lied or misled Ministers into thinking that all sort of "plans" were on the shelf.

# NHS surge, PPE, lockdown, furlough, travel etc, etc.

So according to Cummings:

- the Prime Minister, in Feb 2020, regarded the virus to be a 'scare story' and actually said, "It's swine flu, don't worry about it, I'm going to get (Chief Medical Officer) Chris Whitty to inject me live on TV with coronavirus so everyone realises it's nothing to be frightened of".

- he's "completely baffled" as to why the givernment have denied that herd immunity was the official plan last year.

- lockdown should have happened earlier and that he, "bitterly regret", not hitting the, "emergency panic button earlier". The situation in Downing Street in March was like, "a scene from Independence Day".

- 12th March was a, "crazy day"; "Part of the building was talking about bombing Iraq, part was talking about household restrictions, and "the prime minister's girlfriend was going completely crackers about something trivial"

- on the same day: "The cabinet secretary (Mark Sedwill) said 'Prime minister, you should go on TV tomorrow and explain the herd immunity plan and that it is like the old chicken pox parties. We need people to get this disease because that's how we get herd immunity by September.'
"And I said, 'Mark you have got to stop using this chicken pox analogy. It's not right.' And he said 'why?' And Ben Warner said: 'Because chicken pox is not spreading exponentially and killing hundreds of thousands of people'."

- Matt Hancock, "should have been fired for at least 15 to 20 things".
"I think there is no doubt at all that many senior people performed far, far - disastrously below the standards which the country has the right to expect. I think that the secretary of state for Health is certainly one of those people. I said repeatedly to the prime minister that he should be fired, so did the cabinet secretary, so did many other senior people."

- the political system is fucked: "There's a very profound question in the nature of our political system, any system that leaves people with the choice between Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn is obviously a system that's gone extremely badly wrong."

Of course, this is all just Cummings version of events and his opinions. How much weight do the hold? Will his comments damage the government, or will they just brush his criticisms off whilst the general public continues to suffer from myopia and apathy?!

What I am wondering, cynical and paranoid git that I am, is if all this is just a deloiberate ploy to deflect attention away from the independent investigation into establishment corruption that bitch-face Patel is unlawfully blocking publication of? This whole Cummings thing would be a very effective smokescreen. Is Cummings in on it even?!

The whole entire thing stinks a foul stench and nobody seems to even give a fuck!

You'll notice in PMQs that at no point did Alexander the **** call any of what Cummings said false, that's because lying to parliament is still actually a big deal, and Cummings says he has evidence of everything he's saying....

Teflon will easily survive this (sadly). The public don't seem to mind that they have this charlatan "in charge" of us. They seem to have grown to accept having a liar with no moral compass or genuine political principles. Mass cognitive dissonance from his disciples.

Worst thing for me was the failure to lock down Autumn/winter where previous mistakes were repeated. This was evident without Cummings' testimony. Definitely caused thousands more deaths than could have been relatively easily avoided given previous experience.

Still, apparently Corbyn wouldn't have done any better so hey ho, let him off.
Utter c###.

Can we have a proper Tory leader please (even though their politics are further away from mine)?

Rant over.

I agree that the public will just let this float by and wash over him. He is loved by the public for some strange reason.

I can't see Hancock surviving though. A scapegoat is required and he'll fit Bozo's bill.

Some real damming stuff from Cummings but not a shock and actually that's the worst part. These revelations should bring a government down but they won't.

I agree that the public will just let this float by and wash over him. He is loved by the public for some strange reason.

I can't see Hancock surviving though. A scapegoat is required and he'll fit Bozo's bill.

Some real damming stuff from Cummings but not a shock and actually that's the worst part. These revelations should bring a government down but they won't.
Re the Hancock not surviving, that fits in with Cummings' narrative about keeping Hancock on so as to blame/sack him later.

Remember when Barcelona's tic-a-taca style was king of the roost and commentators saaid nothing could displace it, that perpetual dominance was here to stay and athletic football was done. All things must and do pass but calling the moment is an art not a science. One day and all of a sudden Bunter will be an acknowledged charlatan and way more people than ever voted against him will claim they knew so all along. We have been here before.

Remember when Barcelona's tic-a-taca style was king of the roost and commentators saaid nothing could displace it, that perpetual dominance was here to stay and athletic football was done. All things must and do pass but calling the moment is an art not a science. One day and all of a sudden Bunter will be an acknowledged charlatan and way more people than ever voted against him will claim they knew so all along. We have been here before.
Agree with that. I haven't hit the panic button. Johnson was an attractive change of personnel/style to many but eventually his star will wane.

The chances of Johnson fighting the next election is virtually nil, in my opinion.
He’ll just sneak away and go back to his writing.

So last year when Cummings was apparently running everything and Boris was just a puppet, Cummings was Lord Vordemort and not to be trusted.

This year now he has been kicked out and says he has evidence he is suddenly the most honest person and his testimonial is to be accepted as truth.

I have ringing in my ears from all the beeping of people reversing and doing u-turns :hmmm:

I faced open hostility for wearing a mask 12 months ago. That was partly because of the response of government .

I faced open hostility for wearing a mask 12 months ago. That was partly because of the response of government .
I decided to wear a mask when out from day one Chris.
I got a few odd looks in Tesco but no hostility.
To me, it was logical and common sense.
I remember a discussion with my brother and him telling me that it would make it worse.
How could it I asked.
Well, it turns out that a Doctor on Jeremy Vine had said so
WTF ?

So last year when Cummings was apparently running everything and Boris was just a puppet, Cummings was Lord Vordemort and not to be trusted.

This year now he has been kicked out and says he has evidence he is suddenly the most honest person and his testimonial is to be accepted as truth.

I have ringing in my ears from all the beeping of people reversing and doing u-turns :hmmm:
No one on here so far.

I for one haven't reversed at all. Did not use his testimony for my comments on Johnson.

I have predicted that Hancock will go when convenient for Johnson, which fits in with what Cummings said today. Time will tell if I'm right.

Critical thinking training required for you I think BR

I decided to wear a mask when out from day one Chris.
I got a few odd looks in Tesco but no hostility.
To me, it was logical and common sense.
I remember a discussion with my brother and him telling me that it would make it worse.
How could it I asked.
Well, it turns out that a Doctor on Jeremy Vine had said so
WTF ?
I believe the thinking at the start was this was a contact transmission virus rather than an airborne one, which is why the worry was with people thinking they were firstly immune themselves by wearing a mask, and secondly that they would be relaxed with regards to touching/adjusting/re-using it.

Not to mention the allegations by Cummings yesterday that the Government’s attitude was initially highly sceptical before adjusting to not wanting to take too many precautions as people will suddenly go mad with their final remaining freedoms.

Now with all the information we have we now know this is primarily an airborne virus but, as Cummings said yesterday, we’re still focusing too much on it being contact rather than airborne.

I wear my mask on busy streets now and still get funny looks. Nothing to do with Covid, it’s just my mask has replaceable filters which are meant to filter out pollution, pollen etc. Worth a go.

Do not understand why boris and cummings ratings or belief thresholds are anything but expected.

Irrelevant of the merits of Brexit Boris is seen as having stood on the side of leave whereas others are seen to have stood against a democratic decision. He is still riding that wave.

Cummings character was destroyed by the media especially around the barnard castle fiasco and now the same media are finding it hard to big up his evidence.

i personally think cummings is a toad but from working in big companies at a cross department level his evidence rings true to me. I related to his description of 'not invented here', take it off line, cover each others backs, belonging to the right gang and little appreciation for 'doers and deliverers'.

Wallpaper

Downing Street flat: PM cleared of misconduct but acted unwisely, says watchdog (BBC head lines)

What a f****** surprise, gets off with it again. Any truth in the story that the papers already peeling off the walls? :clap:

The watchdog appointed by Boris !

The lack of governance on our parliamentary process is beyond a joke.

Its like a cult where bozo is all powerful.

I'm sick of the lack of responsibility by them but more of the publics apathy.

If I could I'd pack up and leave tory GB tomorrow