Wharton Recalled? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wharton Recalled?

If it's going to be Wharton, it's a shame we had him here on Saturday, then just 7 days later he will probably be doing all he can to stop us.

Interesting that the article makes no reference as to whether he will, or wont be available on Saturday. Usually these announcements say things like "he will go straight into the squad for Saturday", but nothing specific in here.

Real shame for Wharton that we couldn't keep him. Class player but the fact we have three CBs of such class has kept him out - no other reason. Can't blame him or Blackburn, but shame it's Bury (or Burrey as Thommo would say). We await the news of whether we'll face him this week. Actually thought he might go to a League 1 side - easily good enough and would have been better for his development. Thanks for your contribution Scott - it was a pleasure to watch you. Good luck for the future (but not against the Imps!)

Interesting that the article makes no reference as to whether he will, or wont be available on Saturday. Usually these announcements say things like "he will go straight into the squad for Saturday", but nothing specific in here.
I think it's a little unethical for him to play on Saturday, but since when have ethics mattered in football?

That said, given Blackburn terminated the loan early, maybe we had a say in the matter?

There is also the article where Mowbray said that Blackburn, Lincoln and another club (Bury, it now transpires) were in discussions about Scott, it makes me think perhaps he is being allowed to train with them but maybe we have an agreement he can't play on Saturday?

Really strange situation. Even if he doesn't play on Saturday, he can give them considerable insight on our tactics.

Really strange situation. Even if he doesn't play on Saturday, he can give them considerable insight on our tactics.
I have often wondered why they allow a player to play for two clubs in the same division for precisely that reason. A spy in the camp - Bielsa would love it.

He could give them information but i would imagine he wouldnt as DCs person test would come into play.

Back in 1970 Bobby Svarc played 15 games on loan with Barrow and scored for them in their home match against City. He was recalled due to an injury crisis and went straight into the side to face Barrow in the FA Cup at Sincil Bank - and scored.

Quite surprised he has gone there, especially knowing Lowe could be off to Luton. On the plus side, if he plays Saturday , we know all about Wharton.

Will be interesting to see how many games he gets at bury...

Quite surprised he has gone there, especially knowing Lowe could be off to Luton. On the plus side, if he plays Saturday , we know all about Wharton.

Will be interesting to see how many games he gets at bury...
Reading their forum they don't expect him to be a starter only a sub.

I can't help thinking his return to Lincoln for the first half of this season has set him back somewhat. This is his fourth loan to a League Two club, he might have been expecting to test himself in League One by now. If he is facing a problem getting into the Bury side too, I wonder at the wisdom of that move.

'Ok Scott what can you tell us about them ?' Well Boss they play a certain way and seem to be able to profit from it. They cheat a lot and are theatrical .They don't play much football its all long ball stuff into the channels .I don't know how they are top. They get it forward quick to the big man up front . They only score from set pieces .Watch out for elbows and strong challenges and they also over react to get players sent off ,even if the player has ran 10 yards and taken some one out at ,say knee high with both feet. Crazy eh? The Cowley's whinge and moan on the side lines .I mean ,its like they want them to actually win or something .Oh and the fans are plastic ,Yeah I know that's kinda weird but trust me its true .'Thanks Scott , that was very insightful have you been making notes? 'No Boss I just read the Fishy '

Reading their forum they don't expect him to be a starter only a sub.
won four in a row, 9 of their last 13. with a defence largely unchanged. anyone getting dropped for wharton is going to feel a bit aggrieved.

we need to stop them being this season's accrington?