West Ham | Page 5 | Vital Football

West Ham

I'm a STH and have been for almost 30 years, but I personally don't expect and think it's fair for me to get multiple tickets. As long as me, my dad and son get our seats, I'll be happy. Next dibs should be for those who went to the Donny game and I'd add the Sunderland FA Cup games (home or away) to that too (these should all be on the database). Then, if the system allows, I'd say next up should be anyone who has bought a ticket this season, followed by the rest on the database.

Yes i find it odd that the club in the past has offered more than one ticket per ST. although in this instance i might appreciate it, as we have 3 STs between 4 of us. But i certainly dont expect it.

I'm a STH and have been for almost 30 years, but I personally don't expect and think it's fair for me to get multiple tickets. As long as me, my dad and son get our seats, I'll be happy. Next dibs should be for those who went to the Donny game and I'd add the Sunderland FA Cup games (home or away) to that too (these should all be on the database). Then, if the system allows, I'd say next up should be anyone who has bought a ticket this season, followed by the rest on the database.
When I've bought tickets this season, they no longer ask for my details; so, not sure how the database can be updated. I do agree that ST holders should not get multiple tickets.

I see tour point Genghis but it's a little harsh. ST holders come first and entitled to a couple of tickets each imo. However, many of us aren't ST holders but go to quite a lot of games, particularly those that live far from Gillingham. I know some that have to work a lot of Saturdays so a ST is impractical. They can book some Saturdays off though.

I'd like to see a graduated system of selling tickets to people that have, eg, already bought, say, 5 or 10 tickets, then open it up to the rest.

For those of us that go to about 15/20 games a season, several of them away, it is irritating to see others jump ahead.

I'm always happy to see any fans turn up, plastics or not, as long as it's reasonably fair. I did actually ask the ticket office this question today when I booked 3 Sunderland tickets. They just said ST first then general sale.

People like Lancs and Wayne may miss out unfairly.

Appreciate the thought and consideration, 58. Kind of you. Funnily enough, yesterday I mentioned to a family member the possible irony of Gills drawing Man U away. I`ve never been to Old Trafford and would love to see the Gills there but, had we drawn Man Utd and despite the probable away allocation of up to 9k tickets, as i`m no longer a ST holder and i`m a five to six hour drive (one way) away from a ticket office queue at Priestfield; plus, a buddy who was a ST has stopped going to the Gills - so, I probably wouldn`t have been able to get hold of a ticket. Probably same with WHU - especially as ( I usually attend home games by train) a new train operator takes over West Coast Trains next week, so confusion with T/tables, cost etc PLUS, if the game is on TV (as it could well be) the KO time might make it nigh impossible to apply a day return train trip - then there`s also the bad weather to think of ! I do fully accept that GFC cannot priority cater for someone in my situation, it`s just one of those things and I don`t see it as an unfairness of GFC`s making. I hope the Club can rake in a decent revenue, these days, that`s the most important thing. My next home game/s will probably be Donny or Wimbledon in February - I doubt there will be as much demand for those...

Last season I was able to get 3 tickets for my ST and I expect it to be the same this time too ....... I remember before I could get four per ST but that was amended .....

Well that is a kind thing to say. See, you can do it! Let's have more kindness and less hate in your posts, That'd be marvellous. :-)

I must confess that I read his comment as being "an unjustified accusation" and not as hoping that you get the tickets that you want. But it is nearly Christmas so perhaps it is OK to think the best of everyone.

Both
Terrible
No

I thought I was making it pretty clear who I was calling out tbh.

I got right to the point in my first post. I told you who I was in opposition to, and why I opposed them. What else do you want?

I’m assuming that you are the same ‘Wayne’ that Gimmer was quoting in his first reply to me? So, who are you then?

Gimmer’s childhood friend?
His drinking partner?
Life partner?

Which one is it? Does he go around stirring up shit and comes crying to ‘big Wayne’ for help? Is that how things fly around here?

I think you’re a good guy Wayne. Just an innocent bystander who caught caught up in Gimmer’s crusade against plastics. Make today the day that you look Gimmer right in the eye and say “no Gimmer, plastics are human too. I won’t subscribe to your prejudices anymore”.

Be that man Wayne. The man we can all look up to.

Hilarious 😂😂😂

I hope not. Don't want to be displaced from my usual seat. They'll bring a few - whack 'em in the Town End and let them get cold/wet.

I’ve often thought the club should maybe not sell s/t’s for those GRS blocks near the away end.

They quite often house away fans there (overspill or rainy days) and it causes angst when people are moved from their “usual seat”.

Just keep those seats free from s/t’s. Sorted.
(Sorry Steve).

I’ve often thought the club should maybe not sell s/t’s for those GRS blocks near the away end.

They quite often house away fans there (overspill or rainy days) and it causes angst when people are moved from their “usual seat”.

Just keep those seats free from s/t’s. Sorted.
(Sorry Steve).

I'm in the middle (Gold), so the allocation of seats at the Town End of the GRS doesn't affect me. They already do this and have about two blocks, probably approx 500 seats, there allocated for away fans and even if they're not used, they are blocked off and empty so no Gills fan sits there or has a STH there. Problem is, West Ham will bring (and be entitled to) 2000-3000, which would take up all of the GRS, which is not feasible and it doesn't help us as a team having raucous cockneys and mockneys spanning the whole length of the pitch. As I say, it'll be easier, safer and better for both our fans and team to sling the Hammers' fans in the Town End - conversely, for the first time this season, let's open up the whole GRS for Gills fans!

Sunday 5th Jan 6.16pm ok live on BT Sport.

Thank you. OH well, that`s me out - no can do on the day return train - but probably wouldn`t have been able to get a tkt anyway. However, i`m very pleased with the announcement as it will generate a much needed cash windfall - that`s excellent news. :headphones:

Luke Cawdell tweeted an article (on KoL) about tickets going on sale.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...kets-latest-218026/?__twitter_impression=true

Available for S/T holders hopefully Tuesday afternoon.

Then to those that attended the Donny game later in the week. Ticket stub required.

Both these sets will get a discount before they go on general sale at full price after that. Didn’t say what full price would be.

This is just a quote/summary of what was in the programme Saturday. Presume we'll get exact details some time today. Funnily enough, I got a notification of a Tweet from GFC this morning about tickets - when I opened it, it had been deleted, which adds a bit of mystery.

I was chatting with a guy tonight in Braunton who had a huge West Ham tattoo on his arm.
he said he was at Priestfield when Marlon stuck that fantastic free kick in and said that he was in the temporary stand.
He was shocked when I told him that the temporary stand was still there. He said that he thinks it may well be a cup upset . Let’s hope so.
I have got to try and find a bar in Costa Teguise with BT sport