West Ham | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham

Hope that’s a whoosh Crb.

If this game ain’t a sell out TV or not, I’ll eat my hat.

Agree with Mark OSK. Think PS really needs to think carefully about pricing for this as well as the reasons Mark mentioned, if he wants to attract ' the plastics'. It's because of previous ticketing issues that some plastics don't go now.

I just seen the draw. With the last 8 teams in WHU was far the best left we could get.

Burton, Northampton, Peterboro etc. Blackburn would have been attractive with Dack there. Only Burnley the other EPL team at that stage.

Those “plastics” pay the same as you for a ticket. The likes of you and GRSGrimmer with your elitist attitude are exactly what’s wrong with this club.
"Elitist attitude" - lmao, when you have watched the amount of dross that some of have watched over the years I hardly think the word elitist is relevant. As Wayne would say - Twat.

"Elitist attitude" - lmao, when you have watched the amount of dross that some of have watched over the years I hardly think the word elitist is relevant. As Wayne would say - Twat.
As I've been watching since the late 40s, although I didn't know it, then I should have the royal box

So lets play guess the ticket price and see whose closest. We'll keep it simple Adults only and for the Rainham End.

I will go with £30.

Agree with Mark OSK. Think PS really needs to think carefully about pricing for this as well as the reasons Mark mentioned, if he wants to attract ' the plastics'. It's because of previous ticketing issues that some plastics don't go now.

I know it’s not a great indication. But just seen the Gills FC post on Facebook about the game. Usually their posts get 3 or 4 replies. Unless it’s about us losing a game when it goes up to 20 or 30.

There’s been 130+ replies in an hour. Seems a lot of positivity about it. Hope it continues.

Those “plastics” pay the same as you for a ticket. The likes of you and GRSGrimmer with your elitist attitude are exactly what’s wrong with this club.
I see tour point Genghis but it's a little harsh. ST holders come first and entitled to a couple of tickets each imo. However, many of us aren't ST holders but go to quite a lot of games, particularly those that live far from Gillingham. I know some that have to work a lot of Saturdays so a ST is impractical. They can book some Saturdays off though.

I'd like to see a graduated system of selling tickets to people that have, eg, already bought, say, 5 or 10 tickets, then open it up to the rest.

For those of us that go to about 15/20 games a season, several of them away, it is irritating to see others jump ahead.

I'm always happy to see any fans turn up, plastics or not, as long as it's reasonably fair. I did actually ask the ticket office this question today when I booked 3 Sunderland tickets. They just said ST first then general sale.

People like Lancs and Wayne may miss out unfairly.

I know it’s not a great indication. But just seen the Gills FC post on Facebook about the game. Usually their posts get 3 or 4 replies. Unless it’s about us losing a game when it goes up to 20 or 30.

There’s been 130+ replies in an hour. Seems a lot of positivity about it. Hope it continues.

Don't disagree ,OSK, but all that positivity can be undone fairly quickly if the pricing or way tickets are allocated is seen as a piss take. Hopefully it'll be reasonable and we can give them a real test. Can't wait for my boss (closet hammers fan) to ask me if I can get him a ticket, he can f off.

Also someone on F/B said it was announced at the Donny game to keep your ticket stub in the event of a big 3rd round tie, those fans would get priority on tickets. Hope that’s true. Anyone else hear that?

I see tour point Genghis but it's a little harsh. ST holders come first and entitled to a couple of tickets each imo. However, many of us aren't ST holders but go to quite a lot of games, particularly those that live far from Gillingham. I know some that have to work a lot of Saturdays so a ST is impractical. They can book some Saturdays off though.

I'd like to see a graduated system of selling tickets to people that have, eg, already bought, say, 5 or 10 tickets, then open it up to the rest.

For those of us that go to about 15/20 games a season, several of them away, it is irritating to see others jump ahead.

I'm always happy to see any fans turn up, plastics or not, as long as it's reasonably fair. I did actually ask the ticket office this question today when I booked 3 Sunderland tickets. They just said ST first then general sale.

People like Lancs and Wayne may miss out unfairly.

Would not be surprised if they change it to ST first plus ticket stubs from Donny game as in most previous situations. Annoying when they do multiple tickets for ST holders and freeze out those who buy a ticket at a time, any way some fans will miss out.

I have lost out in the past as a non ST holder even though i had been to every home game and many away.
Never worried me too much as I am one who is happy to see any gills game irrelevant of the opposition. A game against a big team is just another game - think big guys lol.

Would not be surprised if they change it to ST first plus ticket stubs from Donny game as in most previous situations. Annoying when they do multiple tickets for ST holders and freeze out those who buy a ticket at a time, any way some fans will miss out.

Multiple tickets for ST holders means the club can minimise away fans trying to get in anywhere but the away end. If you are daft enough to get tickets for a WHU fan then you can be easily traced and dealt with if there is any trouble related to that sale.
If every ST holder could (and does) buy 3 tickets we would nearly sell out. All depends on the price. Should be £25 max (for ST holders as we've all lost money on there not being a Bury game this season.*)

*irony

I'd be a bit careful with that quote keefy. It will be a good test of the actual apathy levels in the Medway towns to Gills. It SHOULD sell out, but straight after Xmas (and especially if its on TV) then it might fall short of a sell out.

Hope it doesn’t as I want tickets, 50 short of a sell out will do me nicely

What does actually define a plastic? I live 120 miles away so I pick and choose my games based on convenience and appeal. Does that make me a plastic?