West Ham vs Spurs EFL Trophy | Page 7 | Vital Football

West Ham vs Spurs EFL Trophy

Foyth and Sanchez.

This seems our center back partnering in years to come, with Jan guiding them. I was more impressed with Foyth; seemed so composed on the ball from the first minute. The way he brings the ball out of defence is brilliant. There’s only a handful of players when on the ball I don’t get nervous, and he’s seemingly heading that way for me. Sanchez is just a beast. The way he handled Autonotiic and bullied him, haven’t seen many being successful in doing so. Not to mention 2 games in 3 days.

Love the away support. Fortunate enough to attend quite a few games this and last season. You really do get a different perspective of the game. For me Winks seemed composed and Gazza. Haven’t seen any highlights yet but Gazza seemed to throw himself and command his line well. Defiantly no replacement on Hugo but think he’s second choice now, with Vorm probably leaving in the summer.

What a shite stadium may I add! Allot of space between the lower tier and higher is wasted. Far the from pitch and what’s brilliant from an away supporter, there’s no atmosphere in that place. We out sung them easily with 1-0 in your cup final!

Foyth showed good ball playing abilities in his highlights reel before we bought him, he clearly had some good schooling in Argentina to augment his talent. I could see him being used further forward, perhaps filling Dier's role.

Foyth showed good ball playing abilities in his highlights reel before we bought him, he clearly had some good schooling in Argentina to augment his talent. I could see him being used further forward, perhaps filling Dier's role.
Good shout Richmond. However would rather he learnt his trade in the back and stuck with it. Look whats happened to Dier.

Quite possibly this is why we haven't offered Toby par wages with Kane and co. Due to a replacement in the wings.

I think he has just been so low on confidence that he couldn't do a thin, yes I was one of those that thought he shouldn be sold on ASAP, but Poch decided to persevere, and showed faith in him that I couldn't understand.
Then I saw the odd flash of what Poch could see in him, now his confidence seems to be returning due to Poch keeping faith with him, so in a month or two we could have a player on our hands who is just like a brand new signing and Newcastle will severely rue the day they sold him to us.
SO glad I am being proved wrong on this one as Sissoko could be a great player for us if he can pull it all together. Certainly hope he carries on improving until he hits his best again.

I was half being tongue in cheek tbh. He's still got woeful first touch at times, and his pass to Trippier that flew out for a corner was laughable. But once he has the ball at his feet it does seem he has a couple tricks up his sleeve I had no idea he possessed. Throw in his physicality and he's definitely an asset as a squad player, but his decision making in the final 3rd makes Lucas look like Zidane.

2 pitch invaders also...scored after the 2nd if i remember correctly. maybe they switched off, either way we were singing is that Mark Noble.

One chant that i couldn't put together was something on the lines of you sold yourself to the scum..... Besides Wiltshire (not sure why we would sing about him) couldn't think who we were chanting that at.

Good shout Richmond. However would rather he learnt his trade in the back and stuck with it. Look whats happened to Dier.

Quite possibly this is why we haven't offered Toby par wages with Kane and co. Due to a replacement in the wings.

While watching the highlights of his previous exploits I thought to myself his talent is being suppressed playing at the back. He looks more attuned in possession and with better skills than Dier. We shall see.

That just shows what rubbish Talksport talks at times.

For me, best midfielder on the night was Declan Rice, closely followed by Winks. Whilst the game ebbed and flowed the overall possession stats were exactly 50:50. However, they forced 11 corners to our 3 and got way more shots away. For a big chunk of the game we definitely didn't control the midfield.

As for Llorente, there's no point being the big lump up front when you're not using your physical presence. It starts with being mobile enough to move to the point where the ball is in the air. I watched him several times not even prepared to move 10-15 yards just to put in an aerial challenge. Even when it came straight towards him he rarely jumped. As far as I'm concerned, he can take his surf board and get out of our club. I'm actually hoping Janssen can get fit and perform that squad role for the rest of the season.
Totally agree Muttley . The one thing Jansen can't be accused of is not trying . To give him his due respects ,when he is on the pitch ,he busts a gut . Don't think Llorente busts anything

I was half being tongue in cheek tbh. He's still got woeful first touch at times, and his pass to Trippier that flew out for a corner was laughable. But once he has the ball at his feet it does seem he has a couple tricks up his sleeve I had no idea he possessed. Throw in his physicality and he's definitely an asset as a squad player, but his decision making in the final 3rd makes Lucas look like Zidane.
I didn't see the game so I can't comment

I think he has just been so low on confidence that he couldn't do a thin, yes I was one of those that thought he shouldn be sold on ASAP, but Poch decided to persevere, and showed faith in him that I couldn't understand.
Then I saw the odd flash of what Poch could see in him, now his confidence seems to be returning due to Poch keeping faith with him, so in a month or two we could have a player on our hands who is just like a brand new signing and Newcastle will severely rue the day they sold him to us.
SO glad I am being proved wrong on this one as Sissoko could be a great player for us if he can pull it all together. Certainly hope he carries on improving until he hits his best again.
Chris , I happen to agree with what you have said, my laughing response was directed at Fruends Rabona comment .
Like you ,I am happy to eat humble pie and be proved wrong . Fair play to the fella

The last match I went to at Upton Park, there was also the pitch invader who took the free kick on our end.

I too have been pondering Foyths future . He is young and I think has the potential to move up the pitch to DM . He has been included in the Argentina squad again and Lamela recalled after a long absence for obvious reasons. I'm not surprised after his recent form.

Not sure how often you get to go to games but Poch is incredibly popular among our core fanbase who actually attend. It's only online the supposed majority seem to want him run out of the club.

Not often, that for sure! I’ve been to The Lane once and that was for the Sherwood NLD. With that said, I never miss a game on the tele. I haven’t heard the Poch song in a while, which is what sparked my Madrid question.

Last edited:
I too have been pondering Foyths future . He is young and I think has the potential to move up the pitch to DM . He has been included in the Argentina squad again and Lamela recalled after a long absence for obvious reasons. I'm not surprised after his recent form.

This may surprise you, but I agree with Lamela's inclusion, he has just started to show me a semblance of what I expected to see five years ago. Better late than never.

Last edited:
Do you think he would have been picked for his national team if he had just started to show a semblence of his worth. ?

He returned to fitness around this time last year and had until the end of last season to impress & gain selection to a very average Argentinian WC squad, he wasn't good enough to do it.

On the Talksport after match analysis one of the pundits said that Llorente had a great game and his presence was the reason that we controlled the mid field, giving a target for ball retention and wall passes...it didn’t sound like we controlled the MF but maybe we did.

Having seen the highlights I think both Son’s goals were fortunate in the build up although he finished both very well, and their goal was our usual back post gift.

Both of Son's goals were due to defensive mistakes, but he did something nobody else has been doing...finishing when given the opportunity. This has been missed. We need someone up top that can put it in the back of the net and he did that.