West Ham vs Spurs EFL Trophy | Page 6 | Vital Football

West Ham vs Spurs EFL Trophy

On another note. That fake shot turned pass assist from Sissoko at the end deserved a goal. Does he actually have skills he's been too low on confidence to show? First his assist to Lamela, now that following a couple good games for us. I'd give him a run of games. Might start smashing in rabonas and all sorts

On another note. That fake shot turned pass assist from Sissoko at the end deserved a goal. Does he actually have skills he's been too low on confidence to show? First his assist to Lamela, now that following a couple good games for us. I'd give him a run of games. Might start smashing in rabonas and all sorts
:rofl:

Wow this site slagged off our team against the best team in the country Man City and are praising our reserve team against a poor West Sham

I saw the same issues in both games...the only difference being we got a result last night!

Man City would have beat our reserve team by more than one ....I AM NOT GOING TO GET CARRIED AWAY.

..but very happy we beat them of course....I think we were extremely fortunate and lucky that Lorente scored the very timely third goal with almost his first (and last) touch of the ball.......had he not done so we would maybe have crumbled as they were piling on the pressure.

Again we did not go for the throat at 2-0 and reverted to type...slow sidey passing.... inviting pressure which eventually led to the sham goal and potetially a very nervous last 15 minutes........IMO of course

On the Talksport after match analysis one of the pundits said that Llorente had a great game and his presence was the reason that we controlled the mid field, giving a target for ball retention and wall passes...it didn’t sound like we controlled the MF but maybe we did.

Having seen the highlights I think both Son’s goals were fortunate in the build up although he finished both very well, and their goal was our usual back post gift.

On the Talksport after match analysis one of the pundits said that Llorente had a great game and his presence was the reason that we controlled the mid field, giving a target for ball retention and wall passes...it didn’t sound like we controlled the MF but maybe we did.

Having seen the highlights I think both Son’s goals were fortunate in the build up although he finished both very well, and their goal was our usual back post gift.

That just shows what rubbish Talksport talks at times.

For me, best midfielder on the night was Declan Rice, closely followed by Winks. Whilst the game ebbed and flowed the overall possession stats were exactly 50:50. However, they forced 11 corners to our 3 and got way more shots away. For a big chunk of the game we definitely didn't control the midfield.

As for Llorente, there's no point being the big lump up front when you're not using your physical presence. It starts with being mobile enough to move to the point where the ball is in the air. I watched him several times not even prepared to move 10-15 yards just to put in an aerial challenge. Even when it came straight towards him he rarely jumped. As far as I'm concerned, he can take his surf board and get out of our club. I'm actually hoping Janssen can get fit and perform that squad role for the rest of the season.

That’s the thing, a monster should be a monster by nature. It’s not like he needs more training to be a monster. His decision making and passing was dreadful though.

You can be built like a monster, but if you don't have the fitness or sharpness to go with it's pretty pointless. You might as well just use a doorman.

It's like watching a heavy weight boxer going into a fight with zero training.

It's a sad sight because if you watch Wana two years ago, he was so good as a DM.

I still think he needs surgery and we are just putting a plaster over a shot gun wound.

That just shows what rubbish Talksport talks at times.

For me, best midfielder on the night was Declan Rice, closely followed by Winks. Whilst the game ebbed and flowed the overall possession stats were exactly 50:50. However, they forced 11 corners to our 3 and got way more shots away. For a big chunk of the game we definitely didn't control the midfield.

As for Llorente, there's no point being the big lump up front when you're not using your physical presence. It starts with being mobile enough to move to the point where the ball is in the air. I watched him several times not even prepared to move 10-15 yards just to put in an aerial challenge. Even when it came straight towards him he rarely jumped. As far as I'm concerned, he can take his surf board and get out of our club. I'm actually hoping Janssen can get fit and perform that squad role for the rest of the season.

Well said about our CM midfield not controlling or dominating games now. This is the biggest reason why we are not as strong as we were. This must be addressed.

As for Llorente he has taken this club for a huge ride on the surfboard you mention.

Always good to win there

Wanyama was appalling, slow and broken - why is he not getting minutes for the u23s?

Llorente was poor as well

The CBS where immense

Kwp wasn’t great - he needs a loan

Another average performance but it was a mixed team and we did get a result so not too bad.

Arsenal away next, not good. I really wanted us to win this, looks like we're going to have to do it the hard way, not been easy for us so far...Watford, West Ham and now Arsenal. Probably Chelsea in the Semi's and City in the final. How about that for a cup run.

Last edited:
Some positives for me in Sanchez and Foyth, Gazza Winks , Alli and Eriksen more minutes and looking better, Son clinical again. Skipp broke the ice.KWP and Wanyama worries, Llorente we know about , Aurier needs game time .

Didn't see the game due to Halloween fun, no regrets there though, so I can't comment on it.
What I will say is shocked but so glad Gazza played, great to see Llorente scored and go Sonny and Dele.
Good win.
Bring on Le Arse.

If anyone wants streams, go to Wiziwig tv, they stream all games that are televised, you gotta jump through a few hoops to get it, clicking close adverts in first window which then opens another window with the actual stream, then you have to click on the little crosses after finding the right ones, these only open n advert window first one or two times which can be closed, then that ad goes, do this until they are all gone, usually only two or three ads, then you can go to full screen. Some streams are in different languages and some from sky or fox. And some are better than others. Take your pick people.

I'm really upbeat about this win. We led for the majority of the game, glad to see that we went 2-0 up, when we went 2-1, I was glad to see us recover straightway to come to3-1. I would have preferred a 2-0 than 3-1 but hey this was a great turn around after Saturdays defeat. Saying that I think we played well on Saturday, pity Kane and Lamela missed what should have been 2 goals and i was sorry we caught out early with the goal.

I'm upbeat because again Pochettino changed the team around considerably and got it right. Now thats what I like about him. Usually when he makes changes, he gets it right.

Kane got rested which could help him.

I think he has just been so low on confidence that he couldn't do a thin, yes I was one of those that thought he shouldn be sold on ASAP, but Poch decided to persevere, and showed faith in him that I couldn't understand.
Then I saw the odd flash of what Poch could see in him, now his confidence seems to be returning due to Poch keeping faith with him, so in a month or two we could have a player on our hands who is just like a brand new signing and Newcastle will severely rue the day they sold him to us.
SO glad I am being proved wrong on this one as Sissoko could be a great player for us if he can pull it all together. Certainly hope he carries on improving until he hits his best again.

I think he has just been so low on confidence that he couldn't do a thin, yes I was one of those that thought he shouldn be sold on ASAP, but Poch decided to persevere, and showed faith in him that I couldn't understand.
Then I saw the odd flash of what Poch could see in him, now his confidence seems to be returning due to Poch keeping faith with him, so in a month or two we could have a player on our hands who is just like a brand new signing and Newcastle will severely rue the day they sold him to us.
SO glad I am being proved wrong on this one as Sissoko could be a great player for us if he can pull it all together. Certainly hope he carries on improving until he hits his best again.
I'm starting to come round, think we need to keep him. The biggest worry for me at the minute is Wanjama.

Another average performance but it was a mixed team and we did get a result so not too bad.

Arsenal away next, not good. I really wanted us to win this, looks like we're going to have to do it the hard way, not been easy for us so far...Watford, West Ham and now Arsenal. Probably Chelsea in the Semi's and City in the final. How about that for a cup run.

I'd say it was an above average performance. So much more desire to drive forward with a bit of pace and we showed more meaningful play in the final third. I thought there were plenty of positives to take from the performance personally and I enjoyed seeing the likes of Foyth, Gazza, Son all making considerable contributions!

Shame we got that lot in the quarters

Foyth and Sanchez.

This seems our center back partnering in years to come, with Jan guiding them. I was more impressed with Foyth; seemed so composed on the ball from the first minute. The way he brings the ball out of defence is brilliant. There’s only a handful of players when on the ball I don’t get nervous, and he’s seemingly heading that way for me. Sanchez is just a beast. The way he handled Autonotiic and bullied him, haven’t seen many being successful in doing so. Not to mention 2 games in 3 days.

Love the away support. Fortunate enough to attend quite a few games this and last season. You really do get a different perspective of the game. For me Winks seemed composed and Gazza. Haven’t seen any highlights yet but Gazza seemed to throw himself and command his line well. Defiantly no replacement on Hugo but think he’s second choice now, with Vorm probably leaving in the summer.

What a shite stadium may I add! Allot of space between the lower tier and higher is wasted. Far the from pitch and what’s brilliant from an away supporter, there’s no atmosphere in that place. We out sung them easily with 1-0 in your cup final!