West Ham v City - post match reax | Page 3 | Vital Football

West Ham v City - post match reax

Goalies off their line, moving before the kick, and player encroachment has been an issue for years. All the VAR decisions were correct, we win some and we lose some, but on balance the attacking team should be the beneficiary and we only play attacking football, so I am for it. Look at the goal line technology, this has helped us last season and you could argue won us the title.

They have indeed and it is strange that it has taken the introduction of technology to finally deal with both, certainly encroachment which is much more easy to spot.

I am led to believe that VAR isn’t going to be used by the PL to check the keeper’s feet movement which is odd to say the least as it can be clearly monitored by the cameras.

As for encroachment......it has always puzzled me why any players, from either the defending or attacking team, stand still on the edge of the 18 yard box as the penalty is being taken. They are at risk of encroachment by moving too early and in moving off from a standing start always going to cover the ground slower. Why they don’t take a few steps back and commence running when the penalty taker does? If they did this they could match the taker’s approach so that they enter the area at the moment the ball is struck & at pace enough to be able to cover the ground to be able to deal with any saves, rebounds ?

I should patent that idea :idea:

They have indeed and it is strange that it has taken the introduction of technology to finally deal with both, certainly encroachment which is much more easy to spot.

I am led to believe that VAR isn’t going to be used by the PL to check the keeper’s feet movement which is odd to say the least as it can be clearly monitored by the cameras.

As for encroachment......it has always puzzled me why any players, from either the defending or attacking team, stand still on the edge of the 18 yard box as the penalty is being taken. They are at risk of encroachment by moving too early and in moving off from a standing start always going to cover the ground slower. Why they don’t take a few steps back and commence running when the penalty taker does? If they did this they could match the taker’s approach so that they enter the area at the moment the ball is struck & at pace enough to be able to cover the ground to be able to deal with any saves, rebounds ?

I should patent that idea :idea:
that is a brilliant idea®

Sunday Supplement - after the VAR discussion they turned to City’s performance.

Neil Curtis, rag mouthpiece, had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. He wa squirming in his seat as this went on. Neil Ashton had to ask him whether he could stomach it as they wanted him back non the programme :rofl::rofl:

In his defence he was very complementary :tophat:

Dom's take on the game, we are too good and need punishing apparently.

:rofl:

Hilarious. We are so good that we are “boring”. The PL needs to introduce a Handicapping System. Suggestions could include opposition goals count double, Agüero has to play with his boots tied together, only four of our players to be allowed in the opposition half at any one time, our keeper is not allowed to use his hands or maybe we have to play with a bigger goal or the other side gets to use a 5 a side goal?

Excellent find Colin ?? Football at the top level has always been about fine margins ......and now we know just how fine. They have to get some consistency in which frame they use, at what point they take the decision. It cannot be right that within fractions of one second you could have two different outcomes.

Either it has to be the moment the passing player’s foot touches the ball to make the pass/cross or when the contact ceases and the ball leaves that player’s foot.

An interesting footballing philosophical question.....exactly when does the pass get played? ?

Excellent find Colin ?? Football at the top level has always been about fine margins ......and now we know just how fine. They have to get some consistency in which frame they use, at what point they take the decision. It cannot be right that within fractions of one second you could have two different outcomes.

Either it has to be the moment the passing player’s foot touches the ball to make the pass/cross or when the contact ceases and the ball leaves that player’s foot.

An interesting footballing philosophical question.....exactly when does the pass get played? ?

The moment the passer makes contact, so the very first frame.

The FA wording of the rule 'A player in an offside position at the MOMENT the ball is played or touched'

The moment the passer makes contact, so the very first frame.

The FA wording of the rule 'A player in an offside position at the MOMENT the ball is played or touched'

Seems the most sensible decision. Doesn't explain why the VAR official chose to use the third frame.....

Seems the most sensible decision. Doesn't explain why the VAR official chose to use the third frame.....

because he is human and as such there will be errors, where such margins are involved common sense says you must give the benefit to the attacker