West Ham v City - post match reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham v City - post match reax

facts I did not want to put up before the match

Head-to-head
  • Manchester City have earned seven successive victories against West Ham in all competitions, including 4-0 in last season's corresponding league fixture.
  • City have won on all four visits to London Stadium, by an aggregate score of 17-1.*
  • West Ham have not kept a clean sheet against Manchester City in 16 competitive fixtures since a 0-0 Premier League draw at Upton Park in November 2012.
West Ham United
  • The Hammers are beginning the season against an established top-six side for the sixth successive year. They lost four of their previous five, with the exception being a 2-0 win at Arsenal in 2015.
  • They have suffered an unrivalled 12 defeats in their opening Premier League fixture.
  • West Ham's only Premier League home defeat in 2019 came against Everton in March (W5, D3, L1).
  • They are vying to earn four successive league victories for the first time this calendar year.
  • A player has not scored on his Premier League debut for West Ham since Mauro Zarate in August 2014.
  • Manuel Pellegrini won the Premier League and two League Cups during his three seasons as Manchester City manager between 2013-16.
Manchester City
  • City are unbeaten in their past 10 opening Premier League fixtures, winning for eight seasons in a row.
  • The reigning champions are vying for a 15th successive Premier League victory.
  • They have only conceded two goals in their past seven away league fixtures, keeping five clean sheets.
  • Sergio Aguero has scored six goals on the opening weekend of the Premier League season. The record is eight, jointly held by Wayne Rooney, Alan Shearer and Frank Lampard.
  • David Silva has scored in all three of his appearances at the London Stadium and has six goals against West Ham in all competitions, more than versus any other side.
*now 23-1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49215984

facts I did not want to put up before the match

Head-to-head
  • Manchester City have earned seven successive victories against West Ham in all competitions, including 4-0 in last season's corresponding league fixture.
  • City have won on all four visits to London Stadium, by an aggregate score of 17-1.*
  • West Ham have not kept a clean sheet against Manchester City in 16 competitive fixtures since a 0-0 Premier League draw at Upton Park in November 2012.
West Ham United
  • The Hammers are beginning the season against an established top-six side for the sixth successive year. They lost four of their previous five, with the exception being a 2-0 win at Arsenal in 2015.
  • They have suffered an unrivalled 12 defeats in their opening Premier League fixture.
  • West Ham's only Premier League home defeat in 2019 came against Everton in March (W5, D3, L1).
  • They are vying to earn four successive league victories for the first time this calendar year.
  • A player has not scored on his Premier League debut for West Ham since Mauro Zarate in August 2014.
  • Manuel Pellegrini won the Premier League and two League Cups during his three seasons as Manchester City manager between 2013-16.
Manchester City
  • City are unbeaten in their past 10 opening Premier League fixtures, winning for eight seasons in a row.
  • The reigning champions are vying for a 15th successive Premier League victory.
  • They have only conceded two goals in their past seven away league fixtures, keeping five clean sheets.
  • Sergio Aguero has scored six goals on the opening weekend of the Premier League season. The record is eight, jointly held by Wayne Rooney, Alan Shearer and Frank Lampard.
  • David Silva has scored in all three of his appearances at the London Stadium and has six goals against West Ham in all competitions, more than versus any other side.
*now 23-1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49215984
Good call, no need to hex us.(y)

Sterling

City have set the benchmark for the season.
“It feels good but the important thing today was starting well as a team and getting the win and the three points,"

The England winger told CityTV.
"That’s what we’ve done and it’s a great way to start the season.

“It’s always good to score goals but at the same time you want to get a run of clean sheets going as well and long may it continue."

Asked if he is targeting the golden boot this season, the 24-year-old said: “It’s early days. It’s about enjoying it and keeping winning – that’s the most important thing!"

I think this is the one that led to Jesus's disallowed goal.

View attachment 34473

Hmmm, I guess Sterling's shoulder is just ahead, if they're going to apply that consistently then no complaints.

There has been a couple of flags going up very early in this game and the Liverpool game where the decision looked really tight, one against Norwich last night and one against Sterling first half today, no replays on either.

I thought the idea was when they're tight calls leave the flag down and let the technology decide if a goal is scored.

Oleksandr Zinchenko now shares the Premier League’s all-time record for successive victories with David Silva after City beat West Ham 5-0 on the opening day of the season.

courtesy of the OS mancity.com

Thanks for that, buddy.(y)

No worries......but I have read it several times and cannot find anything that refers to an encroaching defending player kick the ball. The chart at the bottom simply states that if there is encroachment by a defending player and the penalty is saved them it is retaken.

Personally I think the keeper had both feet off the line as well.

Hmmm, I guess Sterling's shoulder is just ahead, if they're going to apply that consistently then no complaints.

There has been a couple of flags going up very early in this game and the Liverpool game where the decision looked really tight, one against Norwich last night and one against Sterling first half today, no replays on either.

I thought the idea was when they're tight calls leave the flag down and let the technology decide if a goal is scored.
That's how it should work, but I think they have been instructed otherwise.

No worries......but I have read it several times and cannot find anything that refers to an encroaching defending player kick the ball. The chart at the bottom simply states that if there is encroachment by a defending player and the penalty is saved them it is retaken.

Personally I think the keeper had both feet off the line as well.
The keeper coming out is a common thing which is rarely enforced.