West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 8 | Vital Football

West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Bit early to call it form for Sissoko. But here's hoping!

Yes, I agree. I recall me saying a while ago that I did not want Sissoko ever to pull on a Spurs shirt again.....which given our Managers opinions that he was good enough to play for my club, was a tad harsh.

He still frustrates me in his inability to control and pass, however I don't have the luxury of being able to watch Spurs games live this season, so I can only go on what my fellow VS post, and that seems to be trending towards the positives for Mousa.

TBH, I don't quite follow this sudden praise for Sissoko. Look, I am not knocking his contribution of late as he's done a job because of injuries. I can also understand some players being afforded 6 to 12 months to get up to speed. But Sissoko, an international and a proven PL player needing 18 months to 'start showing' what he is capable of?.... Why was Jannsen not afforded this luxury, considering we still don't have a deputy for Kane and Llorente. a lumbering forward that doesn't suit our 'style'.

Like I've said a few posts ago, many are stating that Sissoko is on the up "n" up, but as I see it, he has been poor for so long now that when he has an average game, it gives the impression of "playing well".

I don't buy it. I'm not a fan, but would like eat my words.

The big question on Sissoko will be when his age catches up with him. Right now as a 29 year old he's still bounding around the pitch and being a nuisance. There's not a great deal of guile there but he can do a job for his manager. Remove a yard of pace and a reduction in stamina and he'll be a championship player at best.

That's why I would appreciate Sissoko this season for what he gives to the squad, but have no hesitation moving him on in the summer. Be interesting to see if there's any credence in the Barrios rumours.

The difference between Jannsen & Sissoko & playing time is this.Jannsen is too slow to be a premiership striker[likewise Llorente unless you plonk the ball onto his static head].Sissoko has what we need at the moment in the absence of Wanyama & a young Dembele:that's muscle & pace[sounds like a 70's comedy act]. His controlis not ideal but with his confidence & fitness improving he is starting to create chances & outmuscle the thugs in the opposition. Dier & Sissoko would scare me on the pitch with their physicality & we need that .

No coincidence that Sissoko has looked better playing at CM. He ain't an attacking midfielder, his end product ain't good enough (god knows where that cross come from on Saturday)

His power and speed helps us in the middle, he's a decent squad player and can do a job

No coincidence that Sissoko has looked better playing at CM. He ain't an attacking midfielder, his end product ain't good enough (god knows where that cross come from on Saturday)

His power and speed helps us in the middle, he's a decent squad player and can do a job

In fairness, he's barely a CM'er either. But on Saturday when the team was announced my heart sank - my two spam loving mates clapped and laughed....for once, he made them eat their words and they said "he'd walk into our team" after the game....

I wondered could we sell him to them?

:grinning::eek!:

Last edited:
In fairness, he's barely a CM'er either. But on Saturday when teh team was announced my heart sank - my two spam loving mates clapped and laughed....for once, he made them eat their words and they said "he's walk into our team": after the game....

Maybe the fact he is not a cert for any position is his strength. Poch has already said he is unique in what he provides. I think he described him as a transitional player between attack and defence. With his size and pace he supports in both. If you can bare to watch him he tends to be quite restrained and watchful in his role until an opening appears and he is off , either on the ball or off and taking defenders with him.

Of course it's his lack of end product that has let him down , at 29 I would doubt that will improve but you never know.

Ive just seen the Snodgrass tackle on Moura in slow motion!!! That is a leg breaker. Lucas is a very fortunate lad not have been put out for some time.
Dermot Gallagher has said definite Red.

In fairness, he's barely a CM'er either. But on Saturday when teh team was announced my heart sank - my two spam loving mates clapped and laughed....for once, he made them eat their words and they said "he's walk into our team": after the game....

One good game against us was enough for Levy. Maybe they're as easily convinced.

Just happy we snared the 3 points.i had an awful week with damn kidney stones again. Just got out of hospital with stents in kidney, so relieved we managed the win.

Although only 0-1 was it a convincing win? Did we dominate?

Lamlela again. Almost like a new signing. Well done Erik. I sense a big season for you buddy.

That sounds rough, hope you're all sorted ASAP.

What gives you the right to dictate to me what subject or players on this forum I should comment on. Get over yourself. I will continue to challenge the commonly held hysteria on this forum about a very average player and ensure the alternative point of view, perspective is known & heard.

Slow clapping you from here bud! Expected over reaction on point.

Relax man, just giving you some stick, I honestly don't have any beef with you. Like I said I do enjoy your posts.

Is there hysteria on here regarding Lamela and is he very average. ?
No and no in my opinion .
I do know he has been very unlucky with the injury . Overcompensating his problem hasn't helped and it has taken a lot of understanding on all sides . There are not many players that can come back from being out for a year and a bit and still perform at his level