West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 7 | Vital Football

West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Is that the first time Sissoko has had an assist from a cross for us? Can't remember another.

Fair play to him.

Lamela playing well when the others are not turning up.

I can remember at least a couple low crosses from a counter attack but the assist yesterday was actually fantastic football. He started it with the 1-2, sold the player with a dummy and had the vision and deft delivery to see Lamela. Best thing he's done in a Spurs shirt by a country mile.

When are folks here going to understand that if Lamela stays on the pitch too long he becomes less effective. An average impact player is his best role, Poch understands that too so he took him off. He doesn't have the class for influential longevity.

Rich you secretly love Lamela, just admit it already. I mean damn it is the only thing of I can think of at this point in regards to your obscene focus on him and him alone.

I honestly think the posts you make that do not include Lamela are pretty damn good, stick with those!

Young Mr Winks is looking like he could be the real deal, he has obviously learnt that turn from Scotty Parker. While I would give MOM to Hugo I have to say it was a joy to watch Winks, considering how little football he's played he was outstanding, can't wait to see him and Eriksen in Tandem. If we could get Ndombele we would be set for a proper go at the title, I also thought Dier had one of his more solid game.

Winks is a pleasure to watch - and whilst his ankle still isn't yet right, he is still improving and doing everything right - if we can sort his ankle out and get a full season out of him, we'll all be purring about him.

It was a great win, and it was even better listening to spam fans having a go at their own players, manager/directors half way through the second half ...

We can still go up a couple of gears even if we still at times look jaded and flat footed.

Loved seeing Sissoko make me eat my words - I hope he can continue it.

Well done Eric - he gives us energy when others can't - he's definitely paying his part and he's improving.

Was at a Funeral yesterday ,so only saw the match sporadically,we didn't play well from what I saw but 3 points is 3 points, especially against West Scum, inward and upwards,great to see Christian back .C.O.Y.S.

Was at a Funeral yesterday ,so only saw the match sporadically,we didn't play well from what I saw but 3 points is 3 points, especially against West Scum, inward and upwards,great to see Christian back .C.O.Y.S.

We controlled much of the game and should have had a couple - as they were at home, they huffed and puffed but didn't really carve open easy chances - Hugo was on his game and that snuffed out their odd half chance and one really good one..

Well done Hugo.

Last edited:
When are folks here going to understand that if Lamela stays on the pitch too long he becomes less effective. An average impact player is his best role, Poch understands that too so he took him off. He doesn't have the class for influential longevity.
Or he took him off as he has said that he needs careful management after his chronic injury. But dont let anyone get in the way of your vendetta mate its funny funny stuff, place wouldn't be the same without it....

Remember the Lasagne ?
Nick , if you really think that WHUFC were in any way responsible for the food poisoning incident and you hold any resentment against them for it , which is tempered by the horrible injury to one of their players they acquired last summer ...... Then that is double sad

Rich you secretly love Lamela, just admit it already. I mean damn it is the only thing of I can think of at this point in regards to your obscene focus on him and him alone.

I honestly think the posts you make that do not include Lamela are pretty damn good, stick with those!

I can honestly say that if there was a " really ,really like " button , I would have clicked on that in a heartbeat

Nick , if you really think that WHUFC were in any way responsible for the food poisoning incident and you hold any resentment against them for it , which is tempered by the horrible injury to one of their players they acquired last summer ...... Then that is double sad

Of course they were not responsible for the poisoning but the fans had a bloody good laugh at us for our predicament. I will always revel in any adverse situation that affects them.

What gives you the right to dictate to me what subject or players on this forum I should comment on. Get over yourself. I will continue to challenge the commonly held hysteria on this forum about a very average player and ensure the alternative point of view, perspective is known & heard.

Or he took him off as he has said that he needs careful management after his chronic injury. But dont let anyone get in the way of your vendetta mate its funny funny stuff, place wouldn't be the same without it....

Poch was regularly taking him off when a perceived chronic back injury was not an issue. Or have you conveniently forgotten about those many occasions. What I find funny is people on this forum who come out with childish stuff like a vendetta, just because someone else has a different opinion. Small minds.

Poch was regularly taking him off when a perceived chronic back injury was not an issue. Or have you conveniently forgotten about those many occasions. What I find funny is people on this forum who come out with childish stuff like a vendetta, just because someone else has a different opinion. Small minds.

Firstly Lamela had a chronic hip problem but lets not let facts get in way of OCD, as for vendetta, its a pretty accurate if hyperbolic assessment of your focus on one player. Either that or as someone else said, its some odd homoerotic attraction. Either way it honestly does feel a bit weird now that no matter how said player performs you criticise him.

Missed most of the first half, but from what I saw credit to Sissoko and Lloris, both players stepped up when they were needed.
Maybe my saying Sissoko steps up and scores a hat trick as the first scorer in the new stadium is starting to look better odds.
I could see the odd glimpse of why Poch bought him, but didn't think he'd make it here to be honest, but if he keeps improving he will become the player he should be and will be a massive asset to us.
Good on Poch for persevering with him whilst most of us carried on saying he shouldn't be playing.
He looks like he could do with losing that gut of his though. Even the missus commented on it wobbling as he ran and said he looks fat for a modern day footballer, especially for a Spurs player.

Last edited:
Just happy we snared the 3 points.i had an awful week with damn kidney stones again. Just got out of hospital with stents in kidney, so relieved we managed the win.

Although only 0-1 was it a convincing win? Did we dominate?

Lamlela again. Almost like a new signing. Well done Erik. I sense a big season for you buddy.

Firstly Lamela had a chronic hip problem but lets not let facts get in way of OCD, as for vendetta, its a pretty accurate if hyperbolic assessment of your focus on one player. Either that or as someone else said, its some odd homoerotic attraction. Either way it honestly does feel a bit weird now that no matter how said player performs you criticise him.

Spot on. He's also changed his argument from "he doesn't have an impact on games". Now he's got 7 goals and 3 assists in his last 10 he's changed it to him just being an impact player... Managing a player's game time who has had 2 1 year injuries in his first 4 years is the only way to do it.

I think Dembele interview about Lamela post match was revealing. To paraphrase "he's had a very difficult time with injuries but we've always known what his quality and his amazing mentality and we're happy he's finally able to show the world what he's capable of".

First name on the teamsheet for big matches atm.

Spurdon, no matter how Lamela improves, no matter that he leaves nothing on the table, it will never be enough for Richmond...and that's OK (if a little sad) for him to have such a closed mind opinion on the lad.

It's OK because we're all cut from different cloth. Some of us will happily eat humble pie,(God knows I've have eaten my fair share) but Richo will simply not partake in anything positive regarding Erik Lamela.

I just pray Erik continues to enjoy his new form and fitness, as i do Sissoko.