West Ham United v Manchester City - Sunday 15th May 2022 - 14:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

West Ham United v Manchester City - Sunday 15th May 2022 - 14:00 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
'Once More Unto the Breach Dear Friends' - Shakespeare
Just a quick note on what's been happening, Wolves was another tough away match for City and must win as the pressure mounts on the Champions with the 'People's Champion's' right up our exhaust pipes, as Skoorb pointed out in mattered not if City were a point ahead on the same number of games played or 2 points behind with a game in hand the pressure was only City's to bear whilst Liverpool™failed who were simply marching on to glory with the Quadruple in it's pocket and only a matter of the final whistle at the Champions League Final to complete the set and are already the most successful Club in this regard as being closest to completing such a feat. I discovered later from the headline that they had gained that title because the compiler based it on the date that the attempt failed, not the number of titles gained in one season.
City now have to battle West Ham at their London Stadium, who I understand require a point from 3 games to qualify for a European competition due to City winning at Wolves and the fact that the FA & League Cups will have been won by a club finishing in the top 5. West Ham will obviously want to beat the Champions who once again have been ravaged by injury to both centre backs in the Molineux game with Fernandino picking up a strain and Aymeric Laporte twisting a ligament in his leg when a wolves player fell on him during the game (accidental).
City Team News
We are at rock bottom for CBs out are Stones, Dias, almost certainly Laporte, while Ake carrying a knock, but came on as sub but is not 100% and Fernandinho doubtful, so do you take a risk with Ake, Rodri or an EDS player such as Mbete or Egan-Riley.
Pep Says
Addressing the press on Friday, Pep insisted that his remaining players will be flexible whether Laporte and Fernandinho are fit or not.
"They are in treatment. It's two days.
"I think until the day of the game we will not be able to decide exactly the availability of the players.
"I have said many times we have to handle it. For one or two games the players will do their best, even not playing their position.
"Sometimes when you play in another position the concentration is higher. Like we saw against Wolves they can do it."
"West Ham have been extraordinary the last two seasons, not just this one,"
"They had an incredible season and are so strong in many departments. At set pieces and in the middle with Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek, quality with Manuel Lanzini, Said Benrahma and Pablo Fornals.
"A top side, a difficult one, but at the same time we know how important it is. Getting three points will be an incredible step to trying to finish the job."

Ouch!
Ederson
Cancelo Fernandinho Laporte Zinchenko
Bernardo Rodri De Bruyne
Sterling Foden Gundogan

Match Officials
images.jpgReferee:
Anthony Taylor (pictured).
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Next
City v Villa
Premier League
Sunday 22nd May 2022
16:00 BST

Last edited:
Sheikh Mansour's half brother the President of the UAE has died, Do you think the Team will be wearing arm-bands on Sunday?

Well, this could be tricky, but I felt the same about Wolves. Our lads are so close now, so I don't think they will open the door at this penultimate stage of the season. As for the team, I will leave that in the hands of Pep and the doctors who look after the players. I would always pick Jesus in front of Flash because he scores more goals.

Well, this could be tricky, but I felt the same about Wolves. Our lads are so close now, so I don't think they will open the door at this penultimate stage of the season. As for the team, I will leave that in the hands of Pep and the doctors who look after the players. I would always pick Jesus in front of Flash because he scores more goals.

I think Flash is getting better and more used to the system each time we play

Starting Eleven: Ederson, Cancelo, Laporte, Fernandinho ©, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Jesus, Mahrez

Substitutes: Steffen, Aké, Sterling, Gündogan, Foden, Egan Riley, Mbete, Palmer, Lavia

Team News
City XI: Roebuck, Bronze, Kennedy, Greenwood (C), Stokes, Walsh, Stanway, Weir, Kelly, Shaw, Hemp

Subs: Keating, Coombs, Angeldahl, Raso, Park, Losada, White, Mace, Blakstad