West Ham United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

West Ham United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
West Ham United 1 Manchester City 1
FT Stats
Possession
West Ham 30.3% City 69.7% (City OS West Ham 30.1% City 69.9%)
Corners
West Ham 2 City 9 (City OS West Ham 2 City 10)
Offsides
West Ham 1 City 0
Fouls
West Ham 14 City 6
Cards
West Ham 2 Y City 0
On Target
West Ham 2 City 6 (City OS West Ham 2 City 7)
Woodwork
West Ham 0 City 1
Off Target
West Ham 4 City 7 (PL site has 6 West Ham shots, City 13 - City OS West Ham 3 shots City 6 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/58954

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/west-ham-united-v-manchester-city

14:26
FT: West Ham 1-1 Man City

Pep Guardiola's Manchester City are on eight points after five Premier League matches.

For the first time, a team managed by Guardiola fail to reach at least 10 points after five fixtures of a top flight campaign (11 previous top flight campaigns).

14:29
'Man City's air of invincibility has dripped away'

Rob Green
Former West Ham and England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

Disappointing performance for Manchester City, the whole air of invincibility that they've had in previous seasons has dripped away. They came back in the week against Porto but getting turned over against Leicester was not good and the Leeds game could've finished who knows what score, 6-6 or something. They've not really managed to hit the straps this season compared to past seasons gone by.

14:35
'We're building something'

West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, speaking to BT Sport: “It’s a great point. We’ve been in fantastic form recently. The first half was excellent today. We nullified their main players and Antonio scored a great goal. It was about digging in and giving everything for the point.

“They’re a possession-based team. They’ve got so many players to pass to. It doesn’t help when they bring De Bruyne on with 25 minutes to go. The lads stayed switched on, it was brilliant.

“I think the last three or four games against them they’ve scored four or five every time, so it shows we’re building something. We’ve found a formation that suits our players. That’s what West Ham fans expect and that’s what we demand as players.”

On playing with Tomas Soucek: “He’s brilliant to play with. He’s definitely a player we needed and he’s definitely added something to the team. I don’t have to deal with all the running with Tomas, so he’s brilliant to play with.”

14:37
'Very disappointed not to win'
West Ham 1-1 Man City

Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden speaking to BT Sport: "We would like to get the points today, I think we played very well and controlled most of the game. Very disappointed to not win the game but we will get over it tomorrow and improve on things for the next game."

On his instructions when coming on: "Just to try to be lively and come on and make a difference. I tried to do that and we got the goal but couldn't get the second.

"We came out second half playing a lot quicker and more aggressive. I think we need to work on finishing our chances and we should be OK.

"We started slow in the first half and weren't passing quick enough. We didn't have a good tempo but the manager spoke well at half-time and we played much better second half.

"I enjoy scoring goals and I want to continue this form. It's nice to be playing as much as possible. I love this club and I love playing for them."

14:39
'We were just unlucky'

More from Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden: “It was a frustrating game. We had enough chances to win it but we’re disappointed we couldn’t get the second goal.

“We know they were in good form going into the game, which is something the manager touched on beforehand. Their goalkeeper kept them in it, but we were just unlucky today.

“It’s been a strange year. A lot of games are coming quickly so maybe some players are feeling it. Everyone has the ability to make an impact.”

14:43
'Man City just can't get going'
West Ham 1-1 Man City

I feel that with the quarter-final loss at the end of last season, Manchester City only had a very small break, lots of injuries at the start of the new season and they really haven't found any kind of rhythm.

It's a new beginning, without David Silva, and we are not used to this - only eight points, 11th in the table at the moment. It's really surprising. They just can't get going.

Kevin de Bruyne came off the bench and it improved things. Raheem Stirling went back out wide and Phil Foden grabbed a goal, but in the end I think it was a good point for West Ham.

MUEN
Ederson 6, Walker*** 7, Dias 5, Garcia 5, Cancelo 7, Rodrigo 6, Gundogan 5, Bernardo** 6, Mahrez 5, Sterling (C) 5, Aguero*5 .

SUBS Steffen, Stones, Zinchenko***na, De Bruyne** 7, Torres, Foden*8 , Palmer.

Sky

Player ratings
Ederson (7), Walker (7), Dias (7), Garcia (6), Cancelo (9), Gundogan (6), Rodrigo (6), Silva (6), Sterling (7), Aguero (6), Mahrez (7)

Subs: Zinchenko (6), De Bruyne (7), Foden (8)

Man of the match: Joao Cancelo

Moyes will be delighted with a point, but we were slow, back and across, and vunerable along our left side in defence and until Foden came on lacked any drive and bite. Not sure how we can climb the table without a striker. Both are good for 20 goals a season and neither is fit. THe way we are going Pep will be out of a job, never ming an extension, very frustrated at the moment with how we are playing and our team selections.

Moyes will be delighted with a point, but we were slow, back and across, and vunerable along our left side in defence and until Foden came on lacked any drive and bite. Not sure how we can climb the table without a striker. Both are good for 20 goals a season and neither is fit. THe way we are going Pep will be out of a job, never ming an extension, very frustrated at the moment with how we are playing and our team selections.
I also think we are tired JK