West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion Vs Aston Villa Friday 7th 8pm

I have never liked Albion since that brute Ally Brown broke Alex Cropley's leg. That was bad enough, but the horrible chant from the Albion fans was worse - no class at all.

Put them in their place Villa

Always had a rivalry with the baggies since I started going to the Villa as a lad. Everyone was an Albion fan as they had just won the Cup. I bucked the trend and have had the last laugh for the last 50 years. Blues fans were pond life from the dark side never really met any until I started work.

Bizzare to be having the Elmo or Hutton debate when Taylor is dog shite.

I think Taylor has done ok recently He has improved since Smith took over . Which wasn't hard because he was very poor under Bruce. But I don't think the answer is to play Hutton there. Prior to Bruce going the Hutton at left back experiment had run it's course and it was exposed . Bruce got criticised for square pegs and round holes . And I don't think it's the time to start that again when we have a natural left back . We have a great record recently Taylor has played those games.

Think Hutton may go back in simply because Elmo is the more useful sub. But then, what would I know?

If DS can keep the pot boiling then we will win. I'll go for 1-3.

I think Taylor has done ok recently

Think thats debatable. He was awful against Blues and Forest, and then Boro didn't really test any one of our players.

I'm not subscribing to this belief that Nyland and Taylor are decent again after Boro. They simply weren't tested.

WBA won't be so forgiving.

Fucking hate the Baggies and that 'boing boing' shit, really gets on my tits!

Hope we get the tactics right and our main weapons have the better opportunities.

Defenders will have to be on top of their game and the rest of the team will have to keep shape.
They have two strikers who don't need much encouragement to score in Gayle and Roderiguz.

We’ve got the players to beat ‘em but WBA aren’t mugs (well, maybe their fans are)

We haven’t won there in years & years have we? Gonna be a tight one I think, maybe a 3-2 goalfest going either way.

We’ve got the players to beat ‘em but WBA aren’t mugs (well, maybe their fans are)

We haven’t won there in years & years have we? Gonna be a tight one I think, maybe a 3-2 goalfest going either way.

We normally win at the whorethorns don't we?

Drawn 4 lost 2 of the last 6 at their place.

Last win was in 2008. Carew and the derby king Gabby with the goals.

Think thats debatable. He was awful against Blues and Forest, and then Boro didn't really test any one of our players.

I'm not subscribing to this belief that Nyland and Taylor are decent again after Boro. They simply weren't tested.

WBA won't be so forgiving.

Like I said I think Taylor has been doing ok since Smith came in so it's not just based on against Boro for me.

But, Yes we weren't tested against Boro like we were against Forest. Said exactly that regarding Hourihane. He had it pretty easy in the defensive midfield role as Boro played one up front and didn't press in the midfield. Unlike the Forest game where he was pressed and subsequently struggled. Having said that Saturday was not just due to Boro being poor. We made them look poor because we were very very good in my opinion.

Ones to watch for Baggies are Harvey Barnes and I think Matt Phillips is really good and always impresses me when I see him play so Taylor will be tested by him for sure.

Defenders will have to be on top of their game and the rest of the team will have to keep shape.
They have two strikers who don't need much encouragement to score in Gayle and Roderiguz.

Robson-Kanu has been playing ahead of Gayle last couple of games. Hopefully that's the case Friday because Gayle is shit hot at this level.

Robson-Kanu has been playing ahead of Gayle last couple of games. Hopefully that's the case Friday because Gayle is shit hot at this level.

I was kind of hoping their entire team would come down with a case of the 'runs' all week and be drained of all energy by the weekend.

Like I said I think Taylor has been doing ok since Smith came in so it's not just based on against Boro for me.

But, Yes we weren't tested against Boro like we were against Forest. Said exactly that regarding Hourihane. He had it pretty easy in the defensive midfield role as Boro played one up front and didn't press in the midfield. Unlike the Forest game where he was pressed and subsequently struggled. Having said that Saturday was not just due to Boro being poor. We made them look poor because we were very very good in my opinion.

Ones to watch for Baggies are Harvey Barnes and I think Matt Phillips is really good and always impresses me when I see him play so Taylor will be tested by him for sure.

Perhaps Hourihane should play left back then? Dons tin hat

The one thing I noticed about Hourihane on Saturday was that he was far more aggressive than normal. I reckon Smith had got stuck into him , as he let a few run past him v Forest. He wasn't dirty or anything just aggressive and won plenty of second balls.

The one thing I noticed about Hourihane on Saturday was that he was far more aggressive than normal. I reckon Smith had got stuck into him , as he let a few run past him v Forest. He wasn't dirty or anything just aggressive and won plenty of second balls.

He is a bit of a fanny isn't he, Whelan Jedi and Barney would have him for breakfast.
If he could run and tackle he might be ok at left back but he's as slow as Whelan or Jedi.
Barney for me all day long in that role but whatever Smith decides is ok by me
Dean Smiths comments about having an overload of midfielders for the role might see them rotated.

Personally, as long as we win it's fine by me

He is a bit of a fanny isn't he, Whelan Jedi and Barney would have him for breakfast.
If he could run and tackle he might be ok at left back but he's as slow as Whelan or Jedi.
Barney for me all day long in that role but whatever Smith decides is ok by me
Dean Smiths comments about having an overload of midfielders for the role might see them rotated.

Personally, as long as we win it's fine by me

Go on. Admit he is better than Westwood.