West Bromwich Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 9 | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

I thought we would get a draw. Sadly I wasn't shocked with the result.

Two home games left surely we won't blow this now? SURELY?

Ultimately I think Poch has to shoulder some blame. Team selection, formation and subs begged questions. We didn't need 3 at the back. We needed more creation and should have gone all out attack. He tinkered when he didn't need to.

Not a lot to say about the match yesterday...sat and squirmed through the whole thing and yes, the feeling of inevitable let down grew as the minutes were ticked off. So, a goal by a former Spud (it actually looked more like an own goal by someone, but that's not important).

WBA is a team we've always had difficulty with and we've got two more that we typically have difficulty with in Toon and the Foxes. Both will be up for us knowing (or at least thinking) that our psyche is somewhat damaged.:nopity:

I love the optimists on here; I'm hoping your positivity rubs off on the team. The majority of us however, have been down this road before and it's been a good long time since that road led to winning something other than the "Wenger Trophy" (a CL spot); and even that's not a guarantee this season.

So, what can we do better for these last two difficult games? Well, I don't know, or I'd be sitting were Poch sits. Suggestions of dropping Kane have been made and he's certainly not changing minds with his current form. However, I think as long as he's able, he'll be out there! Do I agree with that? Hell no! Son is more than capable of leading the line, albeit in a different manner to Kane and why oh why doesn't Poch start Moura?

Well, there's always more questions than answers (most of which have already been asked, and most of which are asked after a poor performance or a loss (or both), so I'll end this tome here with something I haven't done all season as I convinced myself a couple of seasons ago that when I said it (typed it) I jinxed us (can't get anymore Spurs fan than that eh?)...didn't type it all last season (our best)...but figure avoiding it ain't working this season; so with a hearty deeply reverberating voice, I say...

COME ON YOU SPURS!! Get the job done lads!!:toot:

Chelsea as expected, are winning meaning we have to win our last 2 games. With our form, I'd be surprised if we get one point.

Big changes in the Summer....

Liverpool playing like Spurs. Klopp will need to change it in the second half but if he gets a point today they are guaranteed CL next season. We still have it all to do whatever the result today. Memories of Newcastle 5-1 and Leicester will bust a gut to help Chelsea and reciprocate what Chelsea did for them. We are facing two tough games at the lowest point of our performances all season.

Probably too late in the season to experiment now but I still think Alli is better in CM and play Moura, Eriksen and Son behind Kane if he has to play. On current form he doesn't deserve a place though.

Chelsea as expected, are winning meaning we have to win our last 2 games. With our form, I'd be surprised if we get one point.

Big changes in the Summer....

We need 4 points, if we don't get that from Leicester and Newcastle we don't deserve CL. The only good thing to come from us messing up is hopefully we would sack Poch, or he would walk.

Another nail in the coffin, but at least the lid isn't screwed down yet. Liverpool were crap and Chelsea played as if their lives depended upon it. Shame we couldn't do the same.

Poch has his whole Tottenham future resting on the last 2 games. If he wants to prove his critics wrong, then he needs to inspire the players to play their hearts out. We haven't done that for many weeks so I am not holding out much hope.

The usual implosion like getting CL football punching above our weight the last few seasons.

3rd in the 2 horse race , finishing 4th and missing out on CL after being 11 or so points above the scum, you know Nick, the usual when the going gets tough, our lot disappear up their own arses.

Oh, and Liverpool lost as I predicted, the script just rolls on unabated.

3rd in the 2 horse race , finishing 4th and missing out on CL after being 11 or so points above the scum, you know Nick, the usual when the going gets tough, our lot disappear up their own arses.

Oh, and Liverpool lost as I predicted, the script just rolls on unabated.

Liverpool’s loss gives a shot at 3rd. None of the top 4 teams won this weekend.

We need 4 points, if we don't get that from Leicester and Newcastle we don't deserve CL. The only good thing to come from us messing up is hopefully we would sack Poch, or he would walk.

Scott you have stolen my THUNDER that is exactly what I thought if we do not get Top 4 the positive will be sack Poch. He should definitely fall on his own sword didn't he say that TOP 4 IS A PRIORITY OVER WINNING THE CUPS? Even if we get it he should be sacked anyway before he jump the ship

Last edited:
Not happy we’re giving chelshit all the encouragement they need
If them ***** win the cup and finish 4th we will be laughing stock yet again.

Predict we'll struggle at Wembley and get knocked out of the CL at the group stage. Manage to do alright at Wembley, top our CL group. Call for managers head.

I know it’s not over, but I’m tired of being a ‘could’ve & should’ve Club.

Why, when it matters most do we bottle it? At the risk of answering my own question, I’m afraid we do have the squad but not the leader. Poch is a decent manager, but decent is not good enough to win titles or cups.

I want a coach/manager that values each and every cup with a must win attitude. I no longer just want to be in the bridal party, not easy meat against relegation teams who have a bigger desire to win than Spurs do. I don’t want my club to be a stepping stone anymore for players we invest in and develop.

I appreciate how far we’ve come, but we need to break through that glass ceiling and I’m not sure Poch knows how.

Like I said, it’s not over, but rather than fighting for 3rd, we’re fighting for 4th. I have horrible memories of us finishing 3rd in a two horse race, and Poch’s inability to mentally prepare and motivate our players does not shower me in enthusiasm.

I love Poch, but it looks like we’ve found his limits, which is a damn shame. I was physically sick with our performance and result at the Hawthorns, and I don’t buy into all that bogey team nonsense, nor did I buy into the Wembley hoodoo. It’s all about attitude and preparedness.

The WBA gam should’ve been the easiest of our final 3 matches, so Lord only knows how we’re going to achieve 6 points from Newcastle and the foxes......

Expected the bin dippers to be tough and ruthless, but they were rough and toothless.
What else did we really expect .
The situation hasn't changed one little bit . Two " home "games to sort it all out .

We had 14 chances against WBA but couldn't finish. It wasn't for a lack of trying. We dominated, WBA had 4 chances . I don't accept the players bottled it or took their foot off the gas. I didn't agree with the team selection or formation though. We should have set up more positive and gone for the jugular. Some are over analysing it . It's football.