West Bromwich Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

West Bromwich Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

D

Departed

Well, the journey north-west to The Hawthorns has rarely had such far-reaching implications for both teams. For The Throstles, PL survival hopes will be driving them on.

For Spurs, definite CL and chasing third will be on the line. Critical game. As are all the remaining 3 tilts.

With Liverpool and Chelsea going at it on Sunday, a win for Spurs on Saturday could make this a very interesting weekend. United play Brighton on the Friday night and BHA are due for a home win. :silly:

A Liverpool Chelsea draw would certainly be ideal. And if United lose to BHA....well that's pushing the boundaries of even wishful thinking.

I'd like to see Kane benched for this one. Play Son up front and bring in Moura. Wanyama and Dier or Wanyama and Dembele. The rest pick themselves.

COME. ON. YOU. SPURS.

Well the Baggies have taken points of Liverpool, UTD and N'castle to name a few, so we'll need to put any signs of our "end of season jitters" behind us if we're to come away with max points. I'm not sure about benching Kane, given Son's recent form, but we should still come away with 3 points with the correct mindset.
WBA will try to close us down, so I guess midfield will be tight.
The thing is, on our day, we could start any 11 and demolish WBA. I just worry about Poch's ability to deal with crucial games and to mentally prepare our players, regardless who we start.

C'mon Poch. Silence your critics, because if you think it's business as usual, you're in for a huge surprise at The Hawthorns.

Think you're right about Kane 80, It's been said on here that we are more fluid without him . It's fine if he is banging in goals left right and centre , we can afford to be more predictable . When he is struggling , as he appears to be now , we need to look at alternatives.
We could be 8 points clear of the chavs , and in third ,before they play the bindippers

There's always one team that confounds the critics and the form towards the end of the season and West Brom are certainly doing that.

Getting 3 points here isn't essential now, but it's achievable - they have to win which means they'll come at us and leave lots of spaces - can see a close game with one or two goals in it.

There's always one team that confounds the critics and the form towards the end of the season and West Brom are certainly doing that.

Getting 3 points here isn't essential now, but it's achievable - they have to win which means they'll come at us and leave lots of spaces - can see a close game with one or two goals in it.

Newcastle are playing well as well.

Perfect scenario in my mind is 3 points for us and Pool/Chavs draw. It may even be ok if Chavs match us with a win over Pool.

Either way I think we need to keep winning...fight for 3rd!!

Perfect scenario in my mind is 3 points for us and Pool/Chavs draw. It may even be ok if Chavs match us with a win over Pool.

Either way I think we need to keep winning...fight for 3rd!!

Chelsea draw or lose. We win.

We are 4th.

A draw between Liverpool and Chelsea gives us a crack at Liverpool and United.

I watched them against Utd and they defended deep until they won possession and then broke in a very organised way. Rondon, MacClean and Rodriguez were outstanding for them with Brunt pulling the strings from midfield. Defensively they were solid and uncompromising and of course corners and crosses were dangerous.

They will open when they counter but they do not go gung-ho. It will be tough, especially if we play as we did last night.

Against Watford, I noticed that Dier spent a chunk of the game covering in at RB whilst Trippier hugged the wide right. It was a tactic that worked with Trippier frequently raiding and involved in both goals. It also meant that we dealt with Richarlison raiding down their left. However, it left Dembele exposed in the middle at times.

For Baggies, I would bring Toby in on the right of Sanchez and Vertonghen and keep the same tactic but get Dier back in the middle where he belongs. It would be at the expense of Son who has been poor. Let's just get the wing-backs flying forward and trust that Eriksen, Kane and Dele will do the rest.

This game is for 4th place. The next one will be for third. As will the final game.

Win this and 4th is ours. As they need the win hopefully we will get more of a open game.

Start with Lucas for God's sake. This team needs fresh blood.

I watched them against Utd and they defended deep until they won possession and then broke in a very organised way. Rondon, MacClean and Rodriguez were outstanding for them with Brunt pulling the strings from midfield. Defensively they were solid and uncompromising and of course corners and crosses were dangerous.

They will open when they counter but they do not go gung-ho. It will be tough, especially if we play as we did last night.

All good points, one player we should keep an eye in is Rodriguez, he seems to have found his form and has a point to prove.

2nd isn't too realistic but 3rd is ours to lose.

I'd like a Chelsea win so there's a chance Liverpool finish outside top 4 and then get battered in CL final.

Finishing above Liverpool would be pretty incredible when you consider the way they have played for good parts of the season. They were being hailed as the best attacking force, blah, blah! So to finish above them and see Roma score 2 early goals tonight would be a joy!

All good points, one player we should keep an eye in is Rodriguez, he seems to have found his form and has a point to prove.

He isn't the player he was 4 years ago. He has lost a yard of pace. He still has a touch of class about him but he seems frustrated to me. He rushes his decisions these days.

Bit depressing watching both CL semi-finals. Reinforces Poch’s view that we are a long way from winning the big prizes. Liverpool must be favourites to win the CL now given their attacking strength and Madrid’s farcical defending. Bayern Munich’s attacking play was fantastic and how they managed to lose is a mystery. Top 4 and maybe a domestic cup seems the best we can hope for in the foreseeable future and that will be very difficult.