West Brom vs Newcastle United | Page 6 | Vital Football

West Brom vs Newcastle United

Would any parties interested in taking over possibly find it cheaper and easier ? Are the rules of ownership in the EFL as stringent as the EPL ? ..... look to Sheff Utd as an example . Prince Abdullah purchased those while in the EFL and he is Saudi royalty . Hopefully the lawyers can show that the PIF is seperate from MBS .

Even if the prospective buyers are still interested, the club's not even settled on the make up of the arbitration panel so no further forward than October of last year. The Efl is easier than the Premier League in regards to being taken over but then would still have to satisfy the Premier League upon the assumed return to the top flight. There's no way PIF are paying £350 million for a Championship club and I doubt Ashley would sell for say £200 million.

I still say that Ashley will bill the PL for relegation compo so he wont be bothered at the minute as to what division we're in next season.

No plans to sack Bruce apparently.
£4 million to part company with Bruce and it will be 'out of the frying pan, into the fire' thinks Ashley. And remember when I dispensed with Allardyce and McClaren in a bid to stave off relegation, what happened? We were relegated both times. I'll save £4 million thank you.

This is only partially a Bruce problem

We got off to a half decent start to the season and then covid hit - the loss of Lascelles didn't hit as hard as the loss of ASM

2 months plus without easily our most creative player and only real door opener

He comes back in and we instantly look better for it - he's injured again and we struggle to create good chances

We are pretty much a 2 man team in Wilson and ASM with Miggy chipping in now and then

There is no quality in depth and we are reaping what was sewn by Benitez in terms of putting up with Ashley's shite in every transfer window - the state our strikeforce was in when he left was appalling

I'm happy for Ashley to get fucked over at the end of this season and I wont be blaming Bruce if we go down - I'll be blaming the clueless fucker that thought Bruce was up to the job in the first place

Last edited:
It was an absolutely ludicrous decision to loan out Lejuene, arguably the best defender at the club. Probably done by Ashliar to try and bump up the price when he's sold in the summer and the patsy Bruce only too happy to take it up the arse from the fat man.

Everyone knows Ashliar is the biggest problem, years of underfunding and creaming off the profits for his tat empire.

Bruce is head coach, responsible for fitness and conditioning, team selection, formations etc etc. Not giving the players 3/4 days off every week! Fuck me, I used to train more than that at under 16 level. Bruce has no say in who he gets (despite what he says), he'll get whatever is cheap or what can command a hefty profit. The cheap ones will be of limited ability and mediocre at best and any "purple" will be sold on at a later date. Not sure what Joelinton is, maybe a tax fiddle or some dodgy agent deal or an excuse not to spend that much ever again. Who knows, anything is possible with Ashley.

I think SDU are down, said it at the start of the season.

Why are people talking as if we were getting results with ASM almiron and Wilson in the team? They are a miss and we play better with them in the team but we have 2 wins in almost half a fucking season.

Bruce isn't blameless, he's not the main problem but he isn't blameless either. I'm actually starting to enjoy what's unfolding. Some journalists have been banned, and as a result I've seen other media outlets starting to turn on him. He can't hide any more and He's being found out as the clueless money grabbing fraud he is. His behaviour lately is shocking too and even neutrals want us to go down because we're a fucking horrible team to watch.

I think Bruce knows he is going either after relegation or takeover(slim chance) and is now taking the pi** and laughing at the fans. He is fully aware he has loads of media buddies, crass local reporters and will walk into another job in a lower division and is not bothered. Might have been a different story if fans had been allowed in but all he has to face in a pre match press conference which is easy meat. I hope Ashley, Charnley( an out and out clown) , and Bruce all go. we get taken over and appoint a fresh younger Manager(probably foreign) and rebuild.

Why are people talking as if we were getting results with ASM almiron and Wilson in the team? They are a miss and we play better with them in the team but we have 2 wins in almost half a fucking season.

Bruce isn't blameless, he's not the main problem but he isn't blameless either. I'm actually starting to enjoy what's unfolding. Some journalists have been banned, and as a result I've seen other media outlets starting to turn on him. He can't hide any more and He's being found out as the clueless money grabbing fraud he is. His behaviour lately is shocking too and even neutrals want us to go down because we're a fucking horrible team to watch.
An alternative view is all three of the players you mentioned were not missing during our 7 wins.

Another way of looking at it could be that West Brom, Fulham and Brighton have amassed the equivalent of three more wins than us through simply drawing games

Which logically leads us into how many matches we have played without Clark, Dummett, Fernandez, Schar and Lascelles being available ?

Are we are horrible team to watch or do the above facts reveal our manager has done well to get us to 27 points with 27 games played.

I can't be arsed to look, but I'm going to take a punt that the majority of those points came when Bruce had a reasonable percentage of his best players available, currently he has nought.

An alternative view is all three of the players you mentioned were not missing during our 7 wins.

Another way of looking at it could be that West Brom, Fulham and Brighton have amassed the equivalent of three more wins than us through simply drawing games

Which logically leads us into how many matches we have played without Clark, Dummett, Fernandez, Schar and Lascelles being available ?

Are we are horrible team to watch or do the above facts reveal our manager has done well to get us to 27 points with 27 games played.

I can't be arsed to look, but I'm going to take a punt that the majority of those points came when Bruce had a reasonable percentage of his best players available, currently he has nought.

You could go on all day looking from different perspectives and a lot of it is subjective. The truth is that even in those wins and with those players in the team we got very lucky with some of those wins, people seen what's happening now a long time ago, now the results are starting to reflect the performances. Not to mention every team has to deal with injuries.

You could go on all day looking from different perspectives and a lot of it is subjective. The truth is that even in those wins and with those players in the team we got very lucky with some of those wins, people seen what's happening now a long time ago, now the results are starting to reflect the performances. Not to mention every team has to deal with injuries.
I'm not sure which parts of my argument were subjective rza ?

Subjective is more compatible in your claim that a manager of limited talents, who has rarely had all his best defenders or best attackers available at any one time this season , in a typically limited Ashley squad, is lucky !

I'm not sure which parts of my argument were subjective rza ?

Subjective is more compatible in your claim that a manager of limited talents, who has rarely had all his best defenders or best attackers available at any one time this season , in a typically limited Ashley squad, is lucky !

I didn't say your argument was subjective, I said the alternative views are subjective. Playing shite and getting results that end up catching up with you is lucky, not subjective at all. The warning signs were there and anyone with an ounce of common sense seen it.

Last edited:
We could not cope very well when players were fit and available. Its all about have a decent enough squad in the first place. we had one striker, Wilson, and one reasonable full back, Manguillo. No wonder we were in even more trouble when injuries kicked in. Looks like the takeover is not happening and so we are left with mediocrity at best until the current hierarchy disappear into the sunset.

I didn't say your argument was subjective, I said the alternative views are subjective. Playing shite and getting results that end up catching up with you is lucky, not subjective at all. The warning signs were there and anyone with an ounce of common sense seen it.
Fair enough rza
My argument is solely with Ashley.

Reading you bang on about Ashley's latest manager does my heed in though
😁

I think last season we just sneaked enough points against teams having an off day to survive, this season it started off the same but it could never last for ever. It seems Bruce has "lost the dressing room" (whatever that means) and relegation now seems inevitable. We look the worst team in the division to me right now.

You’ve just got to look at the gormless looking Twat on the touchline and it’s plain to see he’s out of his depth . He’s a washed up fuckin dinosaur, that match between him and hippoheed was quite rightly called The Jurassico.