West Brom Fan Comments | Vital Football

West Brom Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
All over us here. We look poor.

The kid at right back is very composed and looks a player.

We look very poorly coached compared to Forest too.

I'm not emotionally ready to go through another 46 games of last season's football.

Been dire fare all round but they have at least created something.

Just look at the the amount of player Forest are getting a head of the ball and in the box compared to us. Causing panic whilst we continue to give the ball away.

Guardiora or however it’s spelt is running this game.

Is this it then? 46 games of hoofing if forwards and lumping awful crosses in to a lone striker who isn't particularly good in the air.

Forest have a pace and purpose about them that we're lacking.

Can’t help but think we need a player like the ex Wolves lad in the middle. Somebody who dictate and set up plays.

We were outclassed for much of the first half. Forest ooze quality. We have showed no imagination in attacking situations, more often than not pumping high balls into the box which Pantillimon has dealt with easily.

Why did our two CB's try to take the shirts off the Forest attackers from that Corner surly Big Dave should rollock them both for that.

Should have been a penalty twice over.

The Forest fullback should have been sent off. Not even a yellow card.

Ball was there to be won in my opinion. Would be enraged if one of ours saw red for that. Personally thought it was weak goalkeeping. Felt he's showed that a couple of times tonight.

We’ve been out played, out muscled and their commitment is beating ours.

Getting outplayed by a team that shouldn’t be near us.

Best player on the pitch scores a cracker from outside, good hard ground shot.

Do we have a scouting system? Forest clearly do judging by their talented overseas imports.

Just embarrassing. They are wiping the floor with us.

Daylight robbery!!! Get in.

I will definitely take a point from this. Forest were the way better side.

Say what you want about the performance, balance of play etc. With decent finishing we win that 4 or 5.

Wow. With decent finishing from Forest we lose 4 or 5 would be more accurate.

We were very lucky.

We got away with that one.

Lucky to get away with that.

I think both our centre-backs did quite well and prevented Forest from putting the game out of sight.

A point we didn't deserve.

We’ve just had 5 sitters in my opinion, we should have won. Forest looked like us in the prem under Mowbray.

Even Forest gave us a lesson of how to keep possession.

Forest are not a bad team and will be promotion candidates but looked very very fragile when we got at them in the last ten minutes, a team good when you stand off them and let them angle passes forward but defensively very rocky.

Whilst no one can dispute Forest were the better team for 70-80 mins, they didn't create many chances.

Forest had enough chances to have finished us off by half time.

We came to stifle them, which is disappointing in itself, we certainly didn't make a very good job of doing it. Lolly in particular was very wasteful and someone with more composure would have scored a hat-trick.

We need a Colback type player.

Yup, he'd of been a good addition.

Some of Forest's movement was miles above us.

Only terrible finishing by Forest kept us from being 3 down at half time.

Forest played through us at will and missed a few great chances. We missed a few ourselves, but most of them came from poor Forest defending, rather than good attacking play from us.

wasn't the greatest performance in the world no but I've seen worse. Listening to Dingle Don you'd think Forest played like Brazil 1970 and the rest of the pundits got carried away on the back of Goodman's analysis.

Apart from the goal which I think he should've saved Sam Johnstone had only one notable save to make - from that worldie half way line attempt. Other than that what did he have to do? I don't remember Forest hitting the goal frame or us clearing frantically from off the line.

Where Forest did excel was in midfield, they completely dominated Livermore and Brunt.

For a bit of perspective, look at some of the comments on here:-

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47089&page=31

They're absolutely buzzing, it's the best football they've played for 20 years, some of their players "premier league class", they thought they were great.

In truth they were bang average and their best chance was from 80 yards.

always interesting to see the more honest fans view rather than the deluded fans

after sleeping on it I think we were wasteful with chances, we dominated the middle but lacked the killer pass in the final 3rd at times...we tried to over complicate it around the area and lolley had a mare at times with his decision making

I am hopeful this is just early season, getting used to each other settling.

would like to have seen cash run at their defence, as he carries well

Thanks CP.... some fair & some deluded.... personally, I think they will be up there - big, strong side - with money to spend - but we have to be more clinical.

They'll be up there agreed - but not with Moore in charge.

Bet big Sam's got the engine running....

Obviously Albion have quite a few deluded we were in the premiership last year and only on loan to the championship for one season fans who have their open top bus parade planned for Easter .
We could and should have won that game . We will get better over the season and they won't . Moore set them up negatively and wasn't until they went behind that they showed any fight.
Best night ( if not result) at the City Ground in years. Great too to see everyone still there at the end with no exodus with fifteen to go.

I think they came with a game plan, that wasn't well implemented.

Moore was stuck in his box and very animated cos he had no answers when we was running them ragged - it was more luck than judgement that they went in at half time 0-0.

They started the second half pretty much the same, with us running the show and Moore still had no plan B.

When they went 1-0 down it was obvious that they was going to come forward and bombard us with whatever but had we been more clinical with our finishing they would have been dead & buried way before their equaliser.

We score!! - WBA has to move further up the pitch giving us more room to go on and win the match - unfortunately whilst they were taking chances going forward we couldn't take our chances and payed the ultimate price for not putting our chances away both in the first half and in the second.