Were we relegated mid season? | Vital Football

Were we relegated mid season?

collioure_bee

Vital 1st Team Regular
I only ask because just about everything about Tuesday night was third division (and I don't mean to belittle the third division either)
The crowd was small, Burton's visting fans had to be the least since we went up, but good on them making the effort to follow a team that have now replaced Ipswich as the worst team to watch in the Championship. I wouldn't bother watching that week in week out.
The atmosphere, our performance, just everything was like going back in time.

Great free kick from Flo to break a deadlock that we just HAD to hold on to. You could see it coming though. But not straight away. Even at one down they seemed happy to sit back and play for nil nil (if you know what I mean). When they did come back you sensed they'd timed it to hit us with not enough time to reply. Even so, I doubt we'd have scored again if we'd stayed til two in the morning.

I've seen many saying we underestimated them. I'm not so sure. I feel we just cannot break deeply defending sides down. It was a problem early on and it was definitely a problem Tuesday. Can't take it away from Burton, they came to do a job and succeeded.

Canos was a live wire when he came on again and deserves a start, but can we please, dispense with the colour blind full back who gives the ball away too much, can't defend and was far too easily out muscled for their equaliser? I'd much rather see Mepham playing there.

Tempted to say that they dragged us down to their level. It was a poor game but we should have hung on for the 1-0 win.

DS got his team selection wrong and he has said as much. He needs to braver and use the squad that he has. I thought it was a game crying out for the fresh energy of Kamo and Canos.

Completely agree, Kent. I love Kamo. He is so busy and always involved. His style is a bit like that of Keith Jones who I still rate as one of our best midfielders.

Burton was dismal, acceptable if we can get 2 good results this week. Always seems to be a crucial week or a must win game - life in the championship for ya. Hope we aren't entering a slump as there does seem to be way too much apathy around this season. I'll be there tonight & Sat, COYB.

I am just looking at it this way. We always go into international breaks on a good run and come out on a bad one of a couple of matches. Fingers crossed.

Jeez, that was the old “Init” Brentford from the old days, a real Doncaster moment against that lot of all people. They need to redeem themselves on Saturday for the supporters.

For 90 minutes we were the better side and two cracking goals but what can you say about the last two minutes.