We’re off ! | Page 2 | Vital Football

We’re off !

As I've said before, I reckon the ref's are getting away with a lot of bad decisions with the little, niggly fouls becasue there's no crowd to get on their back-couple on Berge on Sunday for example- but Dean's decent( once you've forgiven him for not giving a pen on Kyle Walker n the Burnley play off final!).
They're doing themselves no favours with VAR and seem to be stitching themselves up with some decisions.See Coote- the Pool v Everton VAR ref and Weeds v Wolves last night's -been dropped to 4th official this weekend.

Mike Riley has a lot to answer for with his pathetic implementation of how VAR is working
Have they demoted any of the var refs on the games we’ve lost out on with poor decisions!!!

It was slightly miss-timed - and the keeper did well to be in a position to save it.
Things can always be seen in a different light - depends where you are coming from

It was slightly miss-timed - and the keeper did well to be in a position to save it.
Things can always be seen in a different light - depends where you are coming from
I'm coming from the premise that it should have been buried in the back of the net Aya.

He was coming straight onto it, not having to reach for it, not having to glance it, not having to deftly deflect it, not having to hang in the air waiting for it, not having to leaap higher than humanly possible- just to get hid forehead onto the ball cleanly. In common parlance, a sitter

But he was near the front post and had to try to steer it more to his left. A failure
only because the GK was in the right posiiton.

But he was near the front post and had to try to steer it more to his left. A failure
only because the GK was in the right posiiton.
Proper power,:arrghh: proper contact and the keeper's irrelevant Chips.

Think Deano :bow: not dinosaur!

I'm coming from the premise that it should have been buried in the back of the net Aya.

He was coming straight onto it, not having to reach for it, not having to glance it, not having to deftly deflect it, not having to hang in the air waiting for it, not having to leaap higher than humanly possible- just to get hid forehead onto the ball cleanly. In common parlance, a sitter
Compare that chance with the one Sako headed in for Arsenal against us. It was much more difficult but still went in. Covid matches with a crowd and atmosphere very much favour the teams who have better technical players. Better technique and that header and the 2 Lundstrum misses (penalty and Leeds chance) go in and we have 4 points not 1. Very fine margins.