Wenger bitches about 'petrol' money | Vital Football

Wenger bitches about 'petrol' money

Skoorb

Alert Team
Another bitter PL manager just can't leave it alone with thinly veiled closet racist comments on City's owners...

Plus the myth that we are 'lucky' .....or is this yet another manager trying to spread the idea that we are favoured by decisions from the officials?

Either way he really just needs to concentrate on his own team. Berk.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/arsene-wenger-blasts-manchester-city-oil-money/

I don't suppose just once he might be able to give credit to the standard of football being delivered or the coaching that is behind the improvements individually and collectively?

No. Of course not.

And WTF does it mean that City have 'ideas'? I have no idea what he is on about.

There is nothing more I would like when we play Arsenal in the return than to produce the quality of our performance last Sunday, with a Swansea scoreline.

Maybe with a Sanchez hat trick :008:

Read about his comments in todays Times - really wish he would change the record as it's becoming rather boring. There are still another five clubs ahead of Arsenal of which only the rags have come close to spending what we have - so what is their secret? Time for one manager/coach to give some credit to another.

The likes of Arsenal ensured that FFP curtailed City's spending, but because they invested in the Club, not only in players but in all areas of the Club, this was not a whim but a massive project unlike other owners who fling money at their new clubs, this has been a well planned business, but to be successful we need more and more titles and the likes of Arsenal with their Billionaire owners can only watch and wonder.

....and he's at it again as he takes a thinly veiled swipe at City.

Twat.

"I respect Manchester United because they generate the money they pay to the players with their own resources so you have to respect that."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3352559/arsene-wenger-makes-manchester-city-transfer-barb

Arsenal have always had Billionaire owners, who have been able to bully teams out of their best players and been able to afford to buy the best because the clique of the Sky 4 because they were always assured of the majority of TV money, money from the Champions League and because of the Champions League they get the best players (Not just Arsenal but all the Sky 4)

Then City upset the nest egg and they tried to stop us before we got any bigger, but initially they underestimated the Business Acumen of ADUG and it was too late, they even got UEFA to change the goalposts half way through FFP in order that we fall foul of the rules

For years we have paid over the top prices for average players until now, when we can be more astute in our purchases and know exactly when we are being taken for a ride.

Wenger should be reminded just once that UEFA has cleared City in any wrong doing in our Sponsorship.

Our Club carries no debt and they initially claimed that FFP was introduced to stop Clubs going bust, but now we know it wasn't for that reason at all.

Lets take United's transfers (source transfermarkt.co.uk)

Since 2014 - 2018* (not including Sanchez)
Spent - £630.68m - received - £189.01m - total outlay - £441.67m

City over the same Period
Spent - £684.90m - received - £204.99m - total outlay - £479.91m

a difference of £38.24m

I am sorry Arsene we are not the only ones throwing money at football, do we blame the Club for paying over the top prices or the selling Club for quoting such figures or Agents demanding extortionate wages with a fee on top of that.

His unwillingness to enter any comment on the fees being offered by the rags to take a disgruntled player off their hands actually speaks volumes.

There is never any comment or criticism of the selling clubs for their inflationary actions in over-valuing players and Arsenal were just as much responsible when they off-loaded Adebayor to us several seasons ago as were Everton under Moyes when they jacked up the price for Lescott. We were seen as the New Kids on the Block, desperate to catch up and so ripe for fleecing. It was held as perfectly legitimate to inflate the fee - after all it is a 'free market' and the price is always what the buyer is will ing to part with.

I am increasingly of the opinion that Sanchez was never really bothered about coming to City - he simply wanted out of Arsenal which he could see was regressing and City's interest got him on the radar. It may be coincidence that the rags found themselves desperate at this stage of the season - 15 (now 12) points off the top of the league and with a manager starting to look 'unsettled' and in need of £182m worth of new 'toy' to placate him - but I still wonder whether Sanchez and his agent were always hoping that they would get a better offer.

Wenger's bitterness at the displacement of his side from the top positions of the league is hypocritical as he had no trouble or worries out bidding other sides when in receipt of CL money etc. The position that he and his club find themselves in right now is in no small part down to the 'as long as we finish fourth' policy which had been followed for such a long time. They were indeed undergoing the move to the EMIRATES stadium (hmmm, wonder where that sponsorship comes from?) during the time so fiscal prudence is understandable.......

.........but his wilful ignorance of City's financing is just the manifestation of the usual over-simplistic interpretation. Does he think ALL our funding comes from huge chests of money flown in on Etihad jets from Abu Dhabi? Or is the existence of City's sound financial position simply a myth? £474m in revenue in 2016/17 and third consecutive year of profit. Seems pretty real to me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-record-revenues-third-year-profit-financial-results-a8044071.html

I mean it's not as though we have just bought players like Maureen to slot in where we need them.

Pep has improved them got them to play in at least two positions and changed their mentality, I am surprised Arsene cannot see that we lead the premier because we play the best football.

Yes we lost at Liverpool, but you can bet Klopp's blown up boots that they upped their game just for us, but can they do it week in week out.

Maureen is top at mind games and too many referees have been subliminally affected with his comments about City

He is subscriber to the theory that we are only top because we have spent money........because to do otherwise would not fit the narrative. You only have to buy the best players and throw them together - anyone would be top with City's players :040: :040:

Liverpool will not be able to preform at the level they displayed last Sunday on a regular basis.

Maureen is not alone in sowing seeds of doubt. It was arguably Wenger that started it with his comment about Sterling. I have serious doubts that we will get another penalty in the PL the rest of the season as a consequence of their words.