Wembley here we come (maybe) | Vital Football

Wembley here we come (maybe)

So just need to beat Rotherham by two goals ( I think based on them having scored more than us already in the competition) and hope Donny lose by two goals or more to an already through Utd U21 team

Piece of cake!!

Providing Man U do beat Donny then definitely worth us going for it in last game.
If nothing else, it earns decent cash to win and another round or two will fund a couple of January signings.

Well they’ve let the genie out the bottle with this competition. Only a matter of time before they start pushing for B teams in the pyramid itself.

An U21 team getting to the final will kill the competition but at the same time bring nearer a far greater existential threat to the pyramid.

An U21 team getting to the final will kill the competition but at the same time bring nearer a far greater existential threat to the pyramid.

Just 5 of the 16 U21 teams currently in a qualifying place. Hopefully Ipswich continue to take this competition seriously and prevent any of the U21 sides winning it this year.
I am going to get rocks for this, but I would have no issue with B sides so long as it did not affect the existing promotion and relegation system and it did not mean any FL side lost their place to accommodate them in the 1st instance.

Just 5 of the 16 U21 teams currently in a qualifying place. Hopefully Ipswich continue to take this competition seriously and prevent any of the U21 sides winning it this year.
I am going to get rocks for this, but I would have no issue with B sides so long as it did not affect the existing promotion and relegation system and it did not mean any FL side lost their place to accommodate them in the 1st instance.

So a new fifth tier? It certainly can't come in above that if it is to ensure the integrity of the pyramid. I don't think many National League clubs will be happy with that state of affairs.

So a new fifth tier? It certainly can't come in above that if it is to ensure the integrity of the pyramid. I don't think many National League clubs will be happy with that state of affairs.

4th tier North and South? whichever way they do eventually go and it increasingly looks like a matter of time. It is not going to be liked IMO by the majority of football fans.

The irony is that if Everton continue to play as they are at the moment they will be in the Championship next season.
Not sure they'll be advocating the B Team aspect then

4th tier North and South? whichever way they do eventually go and it increasingly looks like a matter of time. It is not going to be liked IMO by the majority of football fans.

The argument has been had before but basically England doesn't need B teams. The only reason other countries have them is because their professional pyramids are basically rubbish beyond the second tier at best.

Reading that article proper turned my stomach. Utterly revolting and wrong on so many levels. Complete woke at it's worst.... me, me, me, it's all about me, entitlement, now, now, now, I want it and screw everybody else; whilst having not the slightest concept of the bigger picture and the detriment to others.

Well, I don't want to bring politics into this... ;)

PL Clubs (not all) would be better off not wanting to charge stupid amounts for players and give them a chance to get out on loan more.

Well I'd back that idea.
I've advocated it for some time.
The Nat Lge is mostly fulltime now, and mostly clubs who have gone down from the League (not checked on numbers so doubtless I'll be corrected on that but if not most then certainly plenty).
So for me, I would amalgamate Lge2 with the Nat Lge Prem as Lge2 Nth and Lge2 Sth.
With Nat Lge Nth & Sth directly below.

Reading that article proper turned my stomach. Utterly revolting and wrong on so many levels. Complete woke at it's worst.... me, me, me, it's all about me, entitlement, now, now, now, I want it and screw everybody else; whilst having not the slightest concept of the bigger picture and the detriment to others.

I wonder if, in a few years time when we’re playing Bournemouth U-21’s at an empty Dean Court in a big mid-table League Two clash, some fans might look back and say ‘yeah but it’s ok, we had a day out at Wembley waving a plastic flag’.