Welsh/Cardiff Police | Vital Football

Welsh/Cardiff Police

Just more embarassment for SYP mate,wor a shambolic force we have when it comes to crowd control.UTCB

I don't suppose there are such groups of partisan 'supporters' who want to knock each other out in the rugby crowd as there are in the SCD. SYP isn't fit for purpose and hasn't been for a long time. If it wasn't for the fact that West Yorkhsire are pretty rubbish too, I'd be in favour of a merger to a new Yorkshire Police Force.

On another matter... did you see that complete twat Lee Probert booked the Leicester scorer for removing his shirt to reveal his t-shirt expressing his condolences for the Chairmans untimely death.

What a twat...

Apparently in Wales the police believe that having a drink before, during and after a game relaxes a crowd and the atmosphere is better. It also helps to lubricate the Welsh voices hence the reason why they all sing a lot. Having games held during sunlight is also therapeutic and a calming effect. Welsh fans feel like they are being treated like adults and policing of fans is much easier as a result.

Meanwhile over in South Yorkshire the local stasi that police football matches argue their research confirms a drop of alcohol on the lips of a football fan turns them instantly into violent thugs. This can only be controlled under the hours of darkness as everyone works till 5 pm limiting time for drinking in Sheffield. Evening kick offs and mass police presence on every street corner are therefore the norm to control the alcoholic rabble.

Just more embarassment for SYP mate,wor a shambolic force we have when it comes to crowd control.UTCB
Not just crowd control is it?.

re the ref - apparently Puel was aked about this and said that, just as his team had approached the game professionally, it was only right that the ref did so too.

An excellent, diplomatic response to a situation that should never have arisen.

I don't suppose there are such groups of partisan 'supporters' who want to knock each other out in the rugby crowd as there are in the SCD. SYP isn't fit for purpose and hasn't been for a long time. If it wasn't for the fact that West Yorkhsire are pretty rubbish too, I'd be in favour of a merger to a new Yorkshire Police Force.

On another matter... did you see that complete twat Lee Probert booked the Leicester scorer for removing his shirt to reveal his t-shirt expressing his condolences for the Chairmans untimely death.

What a twat...

don't agree with last point FKB - rules is rules....if you allow this one, you allow anyone where a player removes a shirt because somebody's died, given birth, had a tattoo done etc etc etc.

don't agree with last point FKB - rules is rules....if you allow this one, you allow anyone where a player removes a shirt because somebody's died, given birth, had a tattoo done etc etc etc.

Each to their own, but its the act of a highly insensitive person, when a quiet word would have done. Its like those traffic wardens who give a ticket to a hearse. We know theres rules but you have to use a bit of brain now and again.

PS I already thought Probert was a twat, so its not a new revelation.

I thought it was more egregious that the tribute under shirt Gray revealed, that will be seen all around the world, had a big old Adidas logo on it.

Rules are rules, if Gray just lifted his shirt round the back of his neck he doesn't get booked.

I'd go further and red card any player who removes his shirt.....I hate it with a passion and it should be stamped out.

So, its just me then... Ordinarily, I'd agree, but I think this was a special case. Anyway, fair enough..!
Not really FKB, I’m 100% with you on this one.

There are certain occasions where common sense should prevail. In this case a whole football club and its fan base had suffered an absolutely shocking tradegy days earlier and I’d like to think what the Leicester player did could help some with the grieving process. We have seen referees using their discretion on other occasions, if he’d been on a yellow I wonder if he’d have sent him off? Just imagine that.

If I’m honest, I feel the same about a player’s personal bereavement. If he’s lost somebody close and it’s obviously just a tribute to a loved one what’s the problem with that? Maybe the Referee should follow the rules to the letter but the board could simply rescind it on review?