Well.... | Vital Football

Well....

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
It’s almost here and it’s been a mixed bag of a close season, possibly unearthing more questions than answers particularly on an “eleven in the drawer”

Hignett has, potentially, made some good signings, some very good signings and maybe a couple of panic [re]signings. He has definitely given himself a few problems and I know a football managers usual take on it is it’s a good problem to have but is any problem a good problem? I’m not sure there are any good problems as they often lead to poor decision making/bad choices.

He hopefully knows what he’s doing and I believe the bench this season will be occupied by potential game changers. Whether we are chasing the game or in the driving seat.

Looks like he’s going for it with a Keeganesque attitude of we’ll score more than them, an attractive approach from a fans perspective and brilliant when it’s going well, which there’s no reason to believe it won’t. Onwards and upwards.
:red:

The new season is almost upon us, as is usual - for me - I shall approach it with Hope rather than expectation!
From what I've seen preseason, recruitment has been solid and should see an improvement over last season. Key to Pools fortunes will be the form and availability of Raynes, Mafuta and Kabamba as these 3 are the spine of the team; though worryingly there are no obvious replacement in the squad should they be absent long-term.
Other concerns are the lack of goalscorers, but perhaps one of our forwards can find a rich vein as Joe Allon did many years ago!

I hope Williams will be able to play a part during the season but worry about how robust he'll be after so many injuries!

C'mon Pools I'm sure a top 10 finish is well within our capabilities, beyond that will just be down to the luck of the draw.