Well.. what's happening then.. | Vital Football

Well.. what's happening then..

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Well Corny's turned up like a bad penny, and without a clue as to what's been going on with dear old PFC.. and I'm a bit befuddled by this new website.. its all 'white', but then again I was never that bright.. ha! :slap:

I do hope that all that are posting here are in good spirits and pleased with Pompy's progress in League 1.. yes I do know that much.

As to whose playing for us now, I'm clueless. I was aware of the club being sold, Cookies departure, promotion and Kenny Overcoat's arrival, but apart from that.. as I said I'm clueless.

Kal Naismith is the only player I'm conversant with, a player I liked very much too, and who very much was a powerhouse in the promotion push with his goals. Very sad to hear he's off I must admit, but I guess that's football.. in and out..

I'm actually glad that we didn't somehow scrape into the Championship, its a whole different ball game there, and so are the wages. So until the team and finances are sufficient to enter the fray, I'd say its better to build a solid base in League 1, and see how things go..

Anyway, I'll do my best to keep up with events and drop into Vital Pompey again. Its just a little difficult for me because I spend a lot of time in France now renovating my old house and I don't have internet access at the moment..

Enjoy the summer break.. and PUP.. :thumbup:

Hi Corny, great to hear from you, hope all is well?

Yep, change to the site a few weeks back. Overdue really, hopefully next season will see more posting again after people have had a summer to relax and take it easy.

Naismith, he was a player I didn't mind, but he played much of last season as if he didn't really want to be here anymore and definitely didn't kick on from a great season in League Two.

We've got a decent squad, in my opinion. It's one that'll benefit from a good first one in League One. We weren't good enough to go up and clearly weren't ready, but I feel this youthful squad can grow and develop together.

The likes of Clarke and Lowe are gems that we'll be able to further build on, all being well. However, I'm still not convinced we'll be able to keep Clarke, but it'll take a monster bid - all being well - to tempt us into selling.

Personally, well, I'm not fully focused on Vital anymore, this isn't 'my day job', that changed about a year ago. I do what I can when I can, but with my first child on the way added to work, free time is hard to come across.

I'll keep plodding along with Vital Pompey though, and hope people continue to enjoy it and get involved more and more, adding views and opinions that can be shared - that's what the site has always been about, without you guys we have nothing.

Look forward to hearing from you again Corny.

Corny - great to hear from you again after all this time.

Things have changed a bit but Rug and I are still here. Rug has said it all really we are optimistic for the future but it is a long road ahead.

PUP

Thank you Rug, Dave.. well done both for keeping things ticking over on Vital. Stalwarts both. Time passes so quickly I can't quite believe it sometimes..

As I stated in my initial post my time in France leaves me without internet access at times, but I'll try my best to partake this season. I do hope a few return to the site too, as its still a good place to be when things get cooking..

PUP..:thumbup: