Well, well, well... | Vital Football

Well, well, well...

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
...who’d ‘ave thought it?
Tbf it could have been 0-2 or even 0-3 by half time and I held out little hope but that second half certainly saw some effort and commitment for a change.
Best I’ve seen Wisdom play for a while, Olsson apart the whole side put a shift in...Johnson’s best performance for a very long time and what a difference confidence makes to Jerome.
Very physical side, Cardiff so maybe a master stroke to save Vydra till late against tired legs...he may have been kicked off the pitch in the first fifteen minutes if he’d started.
Saturday might be interesting.

Where has this derby team hiding for the last 2 months, these were the battling displays we were known for that put us on a run and got us second, but come February it all turned to dust, loved the way we all battled for each other and were always rattin, good performance and an even greater result just to keep Colin grounded for a bit longer

Unexpected but what a cracking game. Cardiff helped make it so. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Offers some hope for an extension of the season.

Where has this derby team hiding for the last 2 months, these were the battling displays we were known for that put us on a run and got us second, but come February it all turned to dust, loved the way we all battled for each other and were always rattin, good performance and an even greater result just to keep Colin grounded for a bit longer

3 months and 24 days IMO

Fantastic performance, I'll even forgive Olsson. There's an injury problem though - I did my achilles jumping up for Vydra's goal

...who’d ‘ave thought it?
Tbf it could have been 0-2 or even 0-3 by half time and I held out little hope but that second half certainly saw some effort and commitment for a change.
Best I’ve seen Wisdom play for a while, Olsson apart the whole side put a shift in...Johnson’s best performance for a very long time and what a difference confidence makes to Jerome.
Very physical side, Cardiff so maybe a master stroke to save Vydra till late against tired legs...he may have been kicked off the pitch in the first fifteen minutes if he’d started.
Saturday might be interesting.

Rowett agrees it was a cert penalty and sometimes you need that rub of the green. I don't think we would have recovered from 2-0 and once we equalised their defenders got the collywobbles!!
We know what that's like and now the autos and playoffs are in the melting pot. An interesting and enthralling end to the season!!

I think the crowd deserve a pat on the back also. The last 2 games they have been right behind the team even when things haven't been going well. Just been watching the 2nd half after getting back and you can hardly hear the commentary at times.

Rowett agrees it was a cert penalty and sometimes you need that rub of the green. I don't think we would have recovered from 2-0 and once we equalised their defenders got the collywobbles!!
We know what that's like and now the autos and playoffs are in the melting pot. An interesting and enthralling end to the season!!

Totally agree mac...there may be only two matches left but there’s so much still to be sorted.
That ‘rub of the green’ thing is crucial though.
Basically I think these things even themselves out, but you only have to look at Jerome last night to see how crucial confidence is.
Can’t help wondering how different things might have been if his debutant’s one possible and one nailed on penalty shout against Bristol City had resulted in a late winner rather than a booking.
As for the disallowed ‘goal’ at Millwall...how costly might that error prove to be?

Last edited:
On another night with another ref........

BJ elbowing the ball. Penalty all day long. I would most certainly have given it.

Hudds' subtle "tug" on their striker, also 1st half, would have been given by many a ref we have had at PP this season.

RKs treading on Zohore's foot 2nd half would be given more often than not.

Swings and roundabouts?

Latest Rams News