Well that..... | Vital Football

Well that.....

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
...was never going to happen was it :rollseyes:

What a f#*@ing surprise, Harrison in wrong side of goal scorer shocker!

Opposition score, pools panic, fall to pieces and go to the dark side.

:132:

Well done Newton, cracking finish from a very tight angle. We’re playing the drop zone hokey kokey...we’re in, we’re out and definitely shaking all about.

Totally lost shape, school yard, tennis ball football. It’s not good and definitely not sexy. If this is a six pointer neither side can afford to take a point.

Cracking goal but the cynic in me and the look to the left toward the run of Oates thinks Magnay was caught in two minds and good luck more than good judgement saw the ball end up where it did.

edit: think it was the run of Woods rather than Oates.

Unbeaten in three, one of them a win....and shock horror, our first and possibly only double of the season.

Looks like Bates has [a phrase I absolutely despise ever since John Hughes coined it] “galvanised” the squad. We’re still in the sh*t but the depth has at least shallowed a little.

Two draws and two wins, carry on like this in the next three and we will be safe before we have to go to Sutton.

Even then we have a bit of slogger before the final game v Tranmere.

We're looking like a team at last, but why weren't we looking like a team earlier?

Harrison has to take some of the flak, Pam & Blackledge need to nut up and shoulder their share and the players have to take some of the blame.

There is no singular reason for the crap we're in but not one person can point the finger at the fan base. Particularly after 3k turned up on a Tuesday night v Bromley (no disrespect), with us teetering on the brink of not only administration through financial difficulties but also relegation, from the national league, on merit.

Here's to a happy Easter

billytwodogs - 28/3/2018 23:09

Particularly after 3k turned up on a Tuesday night v Bromley (no disrespect), with us teetering on the brink of not only administration through financial difficulties but also relegation,

One of the, many, conundrums of HUFC is that the supporters will turn out in droves when it's teetering on the edge time. They will also turn out in numbers if we are on the brink of achieving something - like a play-off final. If more of them turned out week by week we might not be the eternal Cinderella club.

I think it's the other way round, Block Sands. People need a reason for turning up, and for many seasons now, the reason hasn't been the quality of the football. I'm only surprised so many fans still go to matches, not that so many don't.

Apologies for late reply to this post. I'm not used to seeing posts on here these days and so don't look very often!