Well Done to the Spurs Contingent | Vital Football

Well Done to the Spurs Contingent

10Hoddle

Vital 1st Team Regular
I'd like to say a big 'well done' to those current Spurs players who proudly represented their respective countries during the World Cup 2018.
With a huge representation in the England squad;
Danny Rose
Eric Dier
Kieren Trippier
Dele Ali
Harry Kane
France - Hugo (Howler) Lloris
Belgium - Jan, Toby and Dembo

Even some ex Yidos deserve a pat on the back including Nacer Chadli, Luca Modric and dare I say Paulinho.

As a Scotsman living in Australia, England's performance was only of interest due to nearly half the outfield team being from Spurs. You have a decent coach there in Southgate, but surprisingly slim pickings when it comes to real game changers. Raheem Sterling should never have made the squad let alone the starting 11.

Sadly Dele Ali's slump in form continued on to the world stage. Desperately in need of some mentoring before the start of the season.

Just when you thought Harry Kane's stocks were high, he showed the world he can play at any level. A captain, a prolific goal scorer and an all round gentleman on and off the field, he may just be the greatest British player of the modern era.

Trippier has been in every team of the tournament list I've seen online. Should be great for his confidence going into the season.

All our players excelled themselves. LOVED Vertongens goal. A well placed header, brilliant. Some said it wasn’t played for but I saw it from the reverse angle and he obviously pointed it at that spot.
Toby was great, Danny should have been used more. Ok Lloris had one howler but his saves were significant in getting France to the final. They didn’t use Kane right, he should have got far more goals and blown the opposition to bits for the golden boot, not just beating them all. Dembele was good, Dier did well, and Sanchez was the best in his squad, a decent player.