Well done Paul Cook. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Well done Paul Cook.

Agree.....let’s hope Paul is here for a long time

What, even if we keep playing the dross we have over the past few games and/or get relegated?
We need someone who can push us forward, if that someone is Paul Cook then thats fine by me otherwise its on your bike, the fans have had enough of being a yo-yo club, anyway the new owners wouldn't put up with it, so Cook and his crew better get their fingers out and quick.

What, even if we keep playing the dross we have over the past few games and/or get relegated?
We need someone who can push us forward, if that someone is Paul Cook then thats fine by me otherwise its on your bike, the fans have had enough of being a yo-yo club, anyway the new owners wouldn't put up with it, so Cook and his crew better get their fingers out and quick.

Isn't it time you got some new material. Same stuff every season.

Can I just clarify something - we are lucky to have Paul Cook, not the other way around.

I know you’re not getting on his back and I appreciate that if we lose the next 5 games you’ll have concerns. But the very fact that the name linked with potentially replacing Paul Cook is David Unsworth should tell you everything you need to know about where we’re at as a club. We are SO lucky to have Cooky and, if we lose him or are stupid enough to one day get rid of him, then how many awful managers are we going to go through this time before we find the next good one?

I was at Middlesbrough last weekend and it was awful. But you need to look at the actual reasons for why. At the moment Cook is the glue holding us together while the contract situations, injuries and potential lack of funds are causing us big issues.

It’s not always the managers fault is what I’m trying to say. In fact I believe it’s solely down to the manager that we’re not battling with Bolton at the bottom.
We ARE battling it out with Bolton at the bottom with one of the worst defences and poorest attacks in the league and also leading the way in defeats in the league.
We didnt improve the squad despite playing in an higher level and the players brought in are proving to be weaker than what we had in League One. Thats the stark reality we cannot avoid.
New players who have arrived since last January should be keeping last seasons side out and there is only James keeping Byrne out.
I still wouldnt advocate sacking Cooky though because there hasnt been a lot else he could have done about the squad under the ridiculous circumstances he has worked under. Lets hope the new chairman whoever he is considers that too before he starts to mark his territory.