Well done Kettners. | Vital Football

Well done Kettners.

There's still a long way to go - but wait many of you don't think sports science is important and irrelevant.
Well done these guys but still improvements are ongoing and needed.
Think about why we've had such a flat spell recently -? its not through lack of effort on the players part some were over played at critical times

So if you're saying the players were overplayed at critical times and are now tired and that's the reason for our current slump, why are they still being played by SL? Are you saying SL is ignoring the sports science people?

Garmston & Wagstaffe have both put together runs of games in a way they were unable to do last year. That's progress in my book.

There's still a long way to go - but wait many of you don't think sports science is important and irrelevant.
Well done these guys but still improvements are ongoing and needed.
Think about why we've had such a flat spell recently -? its not through lack of effort on the players part some were over played at critical times

No one has said sports science is not important or irrelevant???

The only time i know of that anyone's disagreed with you about it all is when you threw your toys out he pram about scally taking away the players food and not everyone agreed it was the end of the world as we know it. And if this is what you're referring to, you seem to have missed the point of what people were saying. The key was that food ingested is of course important, but it's for the players to manage, not the club on their behalf. Or at least this is what the club seems to have decided. Maybe I missed something though and it's not this.

Being nosey, and feel free not to tell us, but is your name mentioned the article?

So if you're saying the players were overplayed at critical times and are now tired and that's the reason for our current slump, why are they still being played by SL? Are you saying SL is ignoring the sports science people?

He may be ignoring the Sports Science people, but that doesn't necessarily need to be such a bad thing. In the real world its not always possible to do everything perfectly - we have a limited squad of players. Some may well have to play when at 80%. It's just how it is.

Players have played through injuries for years and years. Sometimes when it goes wrong you hear about it (Simon King) but i'd imagine the majority of the time you simply don't. I'd hazard a guess it happens more often than you think - where needs justify it in the eyes of the manager.

If Kettners is to be believed, rightly or wrongly, Lovell clearly decided that a 80% fit 1st choice player is better than the other 100% fit options to replace them.

Given our poor form then he must have really very little confidence in the replacements if he's keen to keep the supposedly less than fit (and performing poorly) players in rather than play some of the 2nd team.

Being nosey, and feel free not to tell us, but is your name mentioned the article?

I would guess not. The impression I`ve got from Kettners is that he is involved in the sports world, maybe another "branch", but not directly associated with GFC. I could be totally wrong, of course. Kettners will no doubt put me right.