Well done Brentford | Vital Football

Well done Brentford

Hampshiregills

Vital Youth Team
................ in making the play off finals. Been supporting The Gills since the mid 50's ( yes I am that old ) and it's great to see Brentford just one game away from The Premier League. I always used to view Brentford as as almost a local derby in the bottom two divisions .............. but if they can make it to the cusp of The Premiership, then so can we !!

I like Brentford and Fulham. Proper London clubs with no broader appeal. I’d like to see Brentford go up. Hope for us and all that.

I’d like to see Brentford go up with a standard ownership not mega billionaires.

Then there’d be hope for all of us.

Bournemouth and Brentford both required £mega-millions injected to give them a chance. And then it’s probably only temporary. If that’s The only way, what’s the point?

I’d like to see Brentford go up with a standard ownership not mega billionaires.

Then there’d be hope for all of us.

Bournemouth and Brentford both required £mega-millions injected to give them a chance. And then it’s probably only temporary. If that’s The only way, what’s the point?
Could be a massive match for Brentford win it against possibly their nearest real rivals and they have a chance to narrow the gap with Fulham which could in time be closed altogether. Not many grown up fans go from one to another but kids do.Win this and it will be the biggest win in their history by a country mile.Good luck to them I hope they do it.

I remember singing "We always win at Brentford "back in the days when we often did.Between about 1966 and 86 we won about 8 times at their place only failing to win about on about 4 or 5 visits.

Last edited:
Could be a massive match for Brentford win it against possibly their nearest real rivals and they have a chance to narrow the gap with Fulham which could in time be closed altogether. Not many grown up fans go from one to another but kids do.Win this and it will be the biggest win in their history by a country mile.Good luck to them I hope they do it.

I remember singing "We always win at Brentford "back in the days when we often did.Between about 1966 and 86 we won about 8 times at their place only failing to win about on about 4 or 5 visits.

Remember that great comeback 5-3 win the cup. Went to Brentford away the next season (I think) and we were naturally singing “5-3, 5-3 🎶“ etc.

They waltzed to a 5-2 win and gave it back in spades 😕

I've been to Brentford more than any other ground for Gills away games. As Chris said, we seemed to win very often. I remember the Elsey ricket but my favourite was the 3 0 in 73/4.

Yes all we need is a multimillionnaire/billionnaire owner like they have. Easy really.

he's only invested a hundred million or so :LOL:
Having said that they've made large profits in the last couple of years and are expected to break the record this year for the biggest profit for a club in the Championship - this is largely through judicious buying and selling.

he's only invested a hundred million or so :LOL:
Having said that they've made large profits in the last couple of years and are expected to break the record this year for the biggest profit for a club in the Championship - this is largely through judicious buying and selling.
Egan for one!

Brentford play a very attractive style of football and they have two or three highly talented youngsters who`ve come up through the ranks. Good luck to them for the rest of this season, :santa: might be coming.......