Well Done Aston Villa FC & Dean Smith | Vital Football

Well Done Aston Villa FC & Dean Smith

My daughter is a mental health nurse and one of her first jobs was to run a dementia ward in Moseley. She found it incredibly challenging but so rewarding and had a nice way with patients and families. It’s a health issue we are a supporter of in our family, much like many of your families they’ll be many of our loved ones who will go through this terrible condition and value all the care and support that you can get.

My daughter is a mental health nurse and one of her first jobs was to run a dementia ward in Moseley. She found it incredibly challenging but so rewarding and had a nice way with patients and families. It’s a health issue we are a supporter of in our family, much like many of your families they’ll be many of our loved ones who will go through this terrible condition and value all the care and support that you can get.

Yes. The Dementia groups Dad went to and the nursing care that he received , you couldn't fault.

Was your daughter at Moseley Hall ? Dad was in there for 6 weeks at one point.

What a lovely clip, thanks for posting Wurzel. Great to have such a down to earth guy representing the club. Whatever you think of Dean Smith as a football manager he really does strike me as being a very genuine, decent bloke. The football industry often gets criticised, much of it deserved at times but seems to me a lot of this kind of stuff goes on behind the scenes in the community which can easily be forgotten. Really heartwarming to see in the current climate.

Dean Smith is one of a kind and we are lucky to have him and I believe that he will take Villa back to the top table of English football. I have been involved in running a workshop with him and he is very good speaker and he has very high principles and these are now being witnessed on the pitch.
I did ask him about his dad when we met and he said that it was really tough going to see him in the nursing home, but he went two or three times a week. He said that the saddest part was his dad not being able to comprehend him as the Villa manager in the Premier League.
By pure coincidence, I have been to Witton cemetery today to take a Christmas wreath for my parents and brother. Dad suffered badly with dementia in his latter years and I can empathize with families that have loved ones who suffer with 'the long goodbye'.
Ron Smith, my dad Dennis Birch and my brother Royston Birch - our thoughts are with you in this festive season. Holte Enders in the Sky.

Very proud how the foundation have grown. That is the one good legacy that Keith Wyness pushed forward.

This is how clubs and indeed, big business, should act.

Perfect.