Welcome Robbie Cundy | Vital Football

Welcome Robbie Cundy

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Thought it would be nice to give Robbie his own welcome thread, not just tacked onto the rumours thread.

I’ll admit, when I heard his name mentioned the other day I wasn’t overly impressed, him being young and I thought we were going for experienced.

But everything I’m hearing about him is very good. I know other teams fans can get a bit irritable at times. But Cambridge fans seem absolutely fuming that he’s left them for us. They seem to really, I mean really rate him. Hope they are right.

The various lower league twitter accounts all seem to be saying this is a good signing as well.

Welcome Robbie 👍
Enjoy your stay and hope it’s a successful one.

Thought it would be nice to give Robbie his own welcome thread, not just tacked onto the rumours thread.
I’ll admit, when I heard his name mentioned the other day I wasn’t overly impressed, him being young and I thought we were going for experienced.
Welcome Robbie 👍
Enjoy your stay and hope it’s a successful one.

I think at 23 he is a bit more experienced than some of our earlier loans this season. At least, he should have fully developed physically and be as strong as he is ever going to be, unlike Coyle and Medley.

It would be great if he was a strong leader but that may be asking a bit much. At least if he can play on the right side of the defence he may be able to block some of the Jackson canyon that the opposition are so enjoying at the moment.

Just wonder if the loan is a step to a permanent signing at the end of the season, Ogilvie style?

When does his contract expire?

Sounds to me like they are just progressing him through the leagues. Apparently he was excellent at Bath in non-league, excellent at Cambridge in L2 , now us in L1.

If he is as good for us, City might well add him to their Champ squad next season.

Hopefully turn out to improve our squad but only 15 EFL games in the bag so very inexperienced.
A few years older than Jack who I guess he’s replacing but no where near as experienced.
Fingers crossed for the lad.

Not sure he's the kind of CB we needed to galvanize and organise us defensively tbh. Think the one thing we have learnt this season is that our younger squad are inconsistent and prone to the odd mistake, so IMO it's a bit odd to bring in a defender that's even less experienced than the ones we've already got, unless he's going to be used as a squad player but that goes against everything SE said a couple of weeks ago about any signings we make having to make our starting XI stronger and being starters.

Hopefully he does that.

Well done Robbie on a fine game, looks like a good pick-up, very strong and athletic. Anyone else think that Robbie had a good debut yesterday ?

He and the whole back 4 looked more solid. And Robbie is a decent size. Very good debut 👍

I’ve said elsewhere, I think our midfield looks a lot better these last 3 games. That helps the defence enormously, not being constantly exposed.

He and the whole back 4 looked more solid. And Robbie is a decent size. Very good debut 👍

I’ve said elsewhere, I think our midfield looks a lot better these last 3 games. That helps the defence enormously, not being constantly exposed.
I agree about Cundy and the midfield. Lee provides some experience and nous plus I've been very impressed with Slattery. He gets around the pitch well and constantly hassles the opposition. With Dempsey doing the same it's a very effective pairing to have in CM.