Welcome back joe lolly | Vital Football

Welcome back joe lolly

Would the real Joe Lolley please stand up.

I love that guy. I know he hasn't been in great form this season but he's a match-winner on his day. Delighted he looked back to his best today.

Hopefully the second half of the season will see him at the same high levels as last season, if he’d been great up till now everyone would be saying, this form can’t last all season!

Hopefully the second half of the season will see him at the same high levels as last season, if he’d been great up till now everyone would be saying, this form can’t last all season!

Good point, from our point of view he couldnt be coming back into form at a better time. Have never been sure about him switching sides but noted that luton manager noted it was a problem for them so even better.

I felt the difference was Luton midfield not filling in. Opposition all this season seem to let fullback position himself so Lolley can’t get on to his left foot. They often have to do this by a midfielder positioning themselves in to Lolley path if he cuts in. This makes Lolley far less dangerous and he slowly drifts out of game as an attacking force. Potts found himself 1:1 several times a nd joe took him on. After he scored his confidence soared and even when their left midfielder did track him, he was happy to take both on. Second was classic Lolley goal. When opposition do line up to thwart Lolley Cash can attack outside. We need one of out midfielders to run in the channel between the defending midfielder and left side CB. Problem is our midfield is 15 yards behind Lolley. By the time they have got up the opposition’s defence is set up. Alternatively someone with real pace on opposite wing, running for Lolley thru ball or cross field run.