Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach | Page 3 | Vital Football

Welcome Aaron Danks as 1st team coach

could be a case of, i dont have any smart harses around me now, give me the chance to show the feckers, what i can do, my time as come, watch this space............ wow seanie

Can't be arsed to listen to all that, Can you sum it up in a sentence? :throw:

I didnt listen to everything except between 41:00 and 45:00 - per the notes: Aaron talks about an excellent model for assessing goal-scoring opportunities.

Based on the piece I listened to and a couple of little bits I listened to. I would say to sum up everything you're talking about transferring the statistical and probability data into coaching terms that the players can understand and use.

Now he talks about it in such simple terms its sounds like pure shite tbh.

I wonder if this is an appointment from our CEO Christian Purslow and owners Nassef Sawiris & Wes Edens or Aaron is on board through a direct request from Deano?

Thanks, CDX. I just posted some info about him on the match thread, but here is better.

Turns out he's had a bit of success already. He worked for England in their U20 World Cup win.

He also spent a short period with Kompany, who seems to be a promising manager. Looks like he picked up a few things.

This man deserves a thread compared to Beale and Gerrard!

I want to be the first person to hold their hands up and say I was probably wrong about Danks. Seems like he has a clue after all.

He seems to have looked at the players we have and put them in a system and role that suits them. As opposed to wanting to play a particular system and forcing players into it.

He seems to have looked at the players we have and put them in a system and role that suits them. As opposed to wanting to play a particular system and forcing players into it.

Yep "let's have lots of effort and Enjoy yourselves " ......that's the vibe I got. Chuffed for him.

Danks praising those working on the set pieces in his interview and the players seemed to run over to Mcphee after the Bailey goal from the corner.

Not entirely unfeasible that Gerrard and his coaching staff have been ignoring the likes if Danks, Mcphee etc the last year.

Danks praising those working on the set pieces in his interview and the players seemed to run over to Mcphee after the Bailey goal from the corner.

Not entirely unfeasible that Gerrard and his coaching staff have been ignoring the likes if Danks, Mcphee etc the last year.

Telling that all Gerrards men on the staff went but the three that were there before him stayed.

Fair play to him. I thought he might have been part of the problem but it seems the Scouse mafia were ignoring him for 11 months. He also broke a PL record today , fastest ever 3-0 start to a game for a new manager.

Based on today he was definitely ignoring them.

I really like how Danks approached it today, it was as though he thought about everything Gerrard implemented and did the direct opposite.

Don't know too much about this guy, but I liked his post-match interview today talking about his fellow coaches who've been helping and gave credit to Austin for the corner routine for our first goal, saying Cutler will be happy with the clean sheet too,, seems like there's some togetherness amongst the remaining coaches