Weight Training Thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

Weight Training Thread

SKEGGY - 12/4/2014 21:34

What would you suggest for a warm up?

Sherlock has got it pretty well covered, rowers warm the whole body up nicely, but if they don't agree with you, a bike/spin bike is more than acceptable along with ellipticals, cross trainers etc.

I'm a big fan of warming up by activating the area you'll be hammering, so on chest day I'll warm up by doing 3 position slow pressups, feet up on a bench, flat and hands on a bench, followed by some lighter DB's, the trick is to not use most of your fuel on the warm up, that's just trial and error.

SKEGGY - 12/4/2014 21:53

Yeah but for us that go to a public gym, what should we do?

Look around for those dressed as bike cops, construction workers, Indians, cowboys and leather clad bikers, they should be able to help you out, failing that, look for men with big bushy moustaches.

:14: Happy to help :17:

Juan Mourep - 13/4/2014 16:35

SKEGGY - 12/4/2014 21:53

Yeah but for us that go to a public gym, what should we do?

Look around for those dressed as bike cops, construction workers, Indians, cowboys and leather clad bikers, they should be able to help you out, failing that, look for men with big bushy moustaches.

:14: Happy to help :17:

Those blokes are always in the Sauna

Well new gloves brought online last week have now arrived. Need size extra large as I have big hands, oh baby

Bit expensive but good quality

http://www.bionic-glove.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_5&zenid=695456b7f57f26c5f27968e61b1b1cba

Arms and punch bag time. Randy Lerner has just fuelled me with enough anger to really have a good session I think.

SKEGGY - 16/4/2014 16:35

Bit expensive but good quality

They make great golf gloves, can't comment on their "fitness" gloves.

May I suggest Schiek next time, they cost about the same, weight gloves for weight lifters by weight lifters, I've certainly found non better and they are the only brand I recommend to my clients, come to think of it, I should be on commission with how much they've made from me.

Did a double session Monday, because was away Tuesday.

So back and shoulders.

Today got back and was able to muster the energy to torture my arms!

Chest for me today and I hope a bit of boxing but will see as been a hectic week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
Did a circuit type session today, I'd none all body parts this week already. It's definitely noticeable how strong vid became over the last three months or so. Plus definition showing on chest shoulders and arms.

I really used to enjoy circuits at the gym, think for a change of pace it works nicely.

Took all my will lower to get to the gym for leg day today, nearly bailed then kept telling myself. (From one of those motivational things) the only bad workouts are the ones you don't do.

I cut out the leg extensions on juan's advice re knees (since the age if 13 I was told to do them to help my knees!) so did more leg presses.

My legs and glutes have an Easter message for you Juan

:90:

:17:

The Fear - 18/4/2014 18:54

My legs and glutes have an Easter message for you Juan

:90:

:59: :59: :59:

Your legs and glutes will give you my Easter message over the next couple of days :17:

Chest earlier a really good session. I'm amazed at my own self motivation. No cutting reps no cheating just good form and full quota done and dusted.

SKEGGY - 21/4/2014 13:31

Chest earlier a really good session. I'm amazed at my own self motivation. No cutting reps no cheating just good form and full quota done and dusted.

Welcome to the club Sir, it's a truly great feeling isn't it :35:

Recently (two months ago) started going to the gym and am fast becoming a junkie.

Did legs and biceps last night. A message to underhand gripped chin ups...my biceps will be hating you tomorrow.