Weight Training Thread | Page 240 | Vital Football

Weight Training Thread

And yet another fightback!

Started yesterday, first time I can ever remember going into my gym feeling a bit overawed in a sense, in another way it was almost 'not another bloody fightback' !

I ended up doing deadlifts. Just 60kg to ease back in. Did a 100 and that was the end of the session. Nice all body exercise.

Today went to the external gym for leg day. Felt better just purely because I'd got my training diary and knew what I was aiming to achieve. Felt rusty but good to be back.

Next Monday will be the main start for my gym, training diary already written out, hopefully the body will hold up for a while and I can get a run at it. At least I've a little more energy at the moment.

Onward and upward, can't have my guns shrinking now can I?!

I screwed my shoulder 3 weeks ago (from drunken arm wrestling :59: ) and I'm still pretty much out of action for training pretty much any of my upper body. Hope it gets better soon but it feels like it could be quite a long lay off :26:

Ha, drunken arm wrestling, something that gets to us all at some time or other!

One of my mates ripped his shoulder seriously, had to have an op on it, forget the details but they were very grizzly!

If it doesn't clear quickly maybe go see the doc to get to see a physio? Or sports injury massage might help.

Everything is hurting and all (mostly!) for the right reasons.

Back in the swing, listening to my body, but doing well at the moment.

In days of yore, people died from plague, saber tooth tigers, the barbarian horde and syphilis. Now, we die from diseases of civilization such as heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes and brain deterioration. Weight training can help fight symptoms of biological rust that are common to modern life— according to an article by Kory Hill from Jacksonville State University in Florida. Weight training improves psychological well-being, reduces blood pressure and body fat, increases insulin sensitivity, promotes self-confidence and prevents joint pain. Weight training helps fight disease and improves the quality of life. (ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal, 19(2): 9-13, 2015)

http://www.fitnessrxformen.com/health/studies-health/weight-training-fights-biological-rust/

The shoulder is feeling a little better as long as there is no twisting motion so i'm easing back into training upper body.

I'm sure you will mate, but listen to your body.. don't make things worse!

If it continues, a good physio should be able to help. One in Bromsgrove I use, she keeps patching me back together!

Calories burned for various sports/activities

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/fitness/6739/boxing-burns-more-calories-than-any-other-sport?_mout=1&utm_campaign=coach_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&tpid=50674475781

once you get into a routine I'm sure it will all work out ok time wise. Feels great getting back to it doesn't it?

Does indeed. It is fitting it in to be honest. How are you doing? I see you are back after some health crapness.

Been a bad stop start year Tarzan, going to Kuala Lumpur next week, hope to rest up, have some massages and perhaps re start my re start in the gym there.

First training session since the 3rd... loved it. Nice gym at the hotel. Chest day completed with some ab exercises thrown in.

Was good to be back.

And then a 90 minute massive. Blissful

13th op done. Not sure I'm at full form but a tentative return to my gym shortly. Fed up weighting.

I want my back back!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1441142892825.jpg
    FB_IMG_1441142892825.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Horrible! Always is after a lay off, so behind where I was (obviously) as it was 6 months out and it had been hit and miss before.

But it was positive, you push through the negative and then hopefully my body will let me get back to this properly and I will start to build myself back up.

Took it as lightly as I can, I'm not too good at going ultra light! But yes, all in all, disappointing to have been out so long and having to fight back for the millionth time, but better than not fighting back!

Horrible! Always is after a lay off, so behind where I was (obviously) as it was 6 months out and it had been hit and miss before.

But it was positive, you push through the negative and then hopefully my body will let me get back to this properly and I will start to build myself back up.

Took it as lightly as I can, I'm not too good at going ultra light! But yes, all in all, disappointing to have been out so long and having to fight back for the millionth time, but better than not fighting back!

I know I am preaching to the converted , but try to be patient. When I started running again after my knee op I found myself getting frustrated at my times at the Park Run and the fact I was struggling to do runs that normally I would find comfortable and pushed it to far too quickly so I had to back off a bit. But recently it has sort of clicked and now I am back to near where I was but I did learn an important lesson.

Indeed, as you know, unfortunately, I have a lot of experience at fightbacks from ops and flair ups!

It's a general and low key workout to start, see how the body reacts, another, another, then .......... !