Weight Training Reference Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Weight Training Reference Thread

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/

could you use my referrer code:

JF58957

will earn me a fiver and you.

Juan Mourep - 23/8/2014 20:01

What do I mean by failure? It's the inability to gain even an inch of movement or cramp, whichever comes first.

*IMPORTANT* On your failure sets it doesn't matter if you struggled, cheated, wiggled and twisted on the bench to get that last rep up and you know damn full well that there is not a cat in hell's chance of you doing another rep, you try to do that rep, you fail trying to do it, that is what kicks off growth, always fail on the positive, it doesn't matter if you can't lift it an inch, you try your heart out.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=35283&start=3418&posts=3429#ixzz3BKVOfvxo

Example of warm up...

Juan Mourep - 1/8/2015 17:58

I spend 6 mins on the arm bike, changing direction every thirty seconds, changing from overhand grip to underhand grip half way through, I then stretch and do shoulder rotations for a few mins.

I will start with a light set of alternating curls, 15-20 reps depending on how loose I feel, turning from hammer at the bottom to full supination at the top, this is a warm up movement and definitely should not be used as a working exercise, increase the weight slightly and repeat.

<b>I follow the rep cycle I'm using for the strict warm up sets, these are exercise specific, so if I'm doing Con Curls first, that is my warm up exercise, currently on 12's so will do 3 sets of 12 at approx 50% of my working weight, I follow this with two sets at 75% of working weight, and then into the working sets, if I find I complete the 12 reps at my target weight and I know I could have done a few extra reps then I will wait 30 secs and go up a weight, this repeats till I can only just manage to reach 12, then it's 2 more sets to absolute failure. </b>

1 min break and onto a tricep exercise, I find 2 warm up sets sufficient, but obviously if I complete my 12 and can do more, the weight goes up till I can just about manage 12, followed by 2 sets to failure.

1 min break and it's hammer time, no need for anymore warm up sets, I use the same weight as I used for the working sets on the con curls, 3 sets to failure

1 min break and back to triceps, again they are warm, so up to working weight as quick as possible and 3 sets to failure

2 sets to failure underhand wrist curls followed by 2 sets to failure of overhand wrist curls.

Stretch, Wait 15 - 20 mins before able to use arms for anything, then crack on with my day : )

The reason I alternate between Bi and Tri exercises is so that the muscle I have just worked gets stretched by working it's opposing muscles.