Weekly Quiz: w/c 4 June | Page 2 | Vital Football

Weekly Quiz: w/c 4 June

3. First former player to play for England.

10. We beat Northwich 3-2 at home on 12 December 1987 and three weeks later beat them by the same score at their ground.

3. Ashurst was bought at auction when the assets of Leeds City were sold off (following their expulsion from the League).

3. Ashurst was bought at auction when the assets of Leeds City were sold off (following their expulsion from the League).

As were two others though I think that he was the most expensive at the princly sum of £500 so perhaps that is the record

Update time.

You are pretty much there with seven of the questions.

Still awaiting answers for:

5. Did Lincoln City sign the wrong man? Who was he?

6. Which club record is held by Paul Farman?

8. What amounted to £671,000?

Answers (and explanations) on Friday.

6. Another guess.....is Farman the most named substitute without getting onto the pitch in the clubs history

6. Another guess.....is Farman the most named substitute without getting onto the pitch in the clubs history

That is possible, but it is a disingenuous statistic, considering seven subs are named now and the goalkeeper is only there in case of injury to the guy on the pitch. I'm not sure anyone really monitors that.

I am tempted to say Tony Simmons may hold the record for a single season.

Update time.

You are pretty much there with seven of the questions.

Still awaiting answers for:

5. Did Lincoln City sign the wrong man? Who was he?

6. Which club record is held by Paul Farman?

8. What amounted to £671,000?

Answers (and explanations) on Friday.

I'll have a stab at the Farman one? Conceded most goals for a Lincoln keeper?

That is possible, but it is a disingenuous statistic, considering seven subs are named now and the goalkeeper is only there in case of injury to the guy on the pitch. I'm not sure anyone really monitors that.

I am tempted to say Tony Simmons may hold the record for a single season.

It was the sub goalkeeper aspect that sprung to my mind on this but fair enough. The only other thing that came to mind was most appearances in a pink shirt but I decided against that one

Does Farms hold the record for being the only Geordie that we can understand?

Most of you are around the right area with Farman - keep thinking along the line of appearances.

8..again a stab in the dark. Is this the total spent by city supporters for tickets to the Checkatrade final in April......30000 average out around £22 each

5. I've a vague idea there was once an occasion when a visit was made to another club to sign a player and the deal fell through owing to some sort of mix-up and another player was signed from the same club instead.

Can't remember where or when.

Or I may have imagined it.

Anything to do with Alan Harding?