Weekly Quiz: w/c 28 May | Page 2 | Vital Football

Weekly Quiz: w/c 28 May

9. Perhaps vs Halifax, won 9-1 on 16 Jan 1932. Frank Keetley scored 6 in 21 mins, so I'm thinking someone else managed to score one during that period.

The "6 goals in 21 minutes" is something I heard about many years ago and assumed to be true. Even Wiki says so. However, a contemporary newspaper report shows only 5 goals in that time with the sixth occurring some time after. I'm puzzled now.

Attachments

• xk.jpg
    xk.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 7
The Nannestad's club history (p28) has the five in 21 minutes and six in the second half. An article in the Sheffield Daily Telegraph of 18 January 1932 is headlined "Keetley scores Six Goals, Five within 21 Minutes" I guess, at some point, the six goals and 21 minutes became entwined.

In the Lincolnshire Echo of 29 January 1932, it was announced that the club were presenting Keetley with the match-ball from the game inscribed "Presented to Frank Keetley by the Lincoln City F.C. as a memento of his scoring six goals against Halifax Town, January 16, 1932, all scored in the last half, thereby creating a League record.’’

1 Thought this was done with the fastest away goal........the only other thing that comes to mind is him scoring a hat-trick in a match we lost ( Whitehawk away in the cup 2015).........so possibly the only time this has ever happened?.........bit unlikely in 133 years

..the only other thing that comes to mind is him scoring a hat-trick in a match we lost ( Whitehawk away in the cup 2015).........so possibly the only time this has ever happened?.........bit unlikely in 133 years

I remember Dixie McNeil scoring a hat-trick in a 4-3 defeat at Mansfield in 1973/74.

I'm now thinking that this might have been the last time a City player scored a hat trick in a game........November 2015 and struggling to remember one since

Is number one the only player to score an away hat trick in the FACup for City.

Rhead is the second player to do that. Matthew Gillespie was the first - in the 13-0 win at Peterborough on 12 October 1895.

Someone has already got the answer...